Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Weather and Back Pain (after surgery)

Never gave much thought to how weather may effect my body. I would hear stories about people who would predict bad weather because they could feel it (in there bones) I thourght they were over sensitive or nuts. But now at age 65  " I'M A BELIEVER " I swear ever scence my double back surgeries five weeks ago (see DavidH)  I definitely feel in more pain every day it rains.

Woke up this mourning, In Rhode Island, and it's pouring and my back is in a lot of pain. I've noticed this has happened several times over the last five weeks. Anyone else having simalar issues ? Maybe it's me and I'm makeing something out of nothing. Thanks, DavidH

advertisement

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,466

hiya davidh

yep i've noticed that too....i start with the grumbling a few hours before the weather changes.  for me is the changing barometric pressure, the faster the change up or down, the greater the grumbling.  it's a great predictor for thunderstorms. LOL.  i hope it will change with time, and get better as we all heal. 

Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,427

I do not find any difference in the weather from day to day.

What always has bothered me the most is the change of seasons.   Its almost like clock work, each time one season is about to end and another begin, I start in with flareups.... Luckily only last a couple of days.

I live in the Northeast (CT) so we do, at least used to have 4 distinct seasons.   But it has seemed here that the last couple of years we go from Winter to Summer and Summer to Winter, and skip those in between

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • I definitely feel sudden change in atmospheric pressure. It´s true that the pressure goes down before rain, so yes, it is worsening my pain.

• nicky74nicky74 New York,NY Posts: 76

I can feel it and at least a couple of days before. Better than the weather man. There’s more rain on your way @davidh . Still raining here! Lol

• My grandpa had cut three fingers off his right hand with a saw, when I was little I loved helping him in the garden, he would say today is a good day to work the garden, it's going to rain after while, I would look at the sky and there was not a cloud to be seen, sure enough it would rain a few hours later, so now after all my spine troubles I can tell you when it's going to rain, grandpa wasn't crazy after all

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement
  • Jules1JJules1 Oklahoma City, OklahomaPosts: 99

I am fused L2-S1 and the day before rain, or sudden cold spell, I am in lots more pain. Anybody try arthritis Meds?  

advertisement