Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

T3 Rib out and Spasms

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
My chiro said my T3 rib is out and causing my middle spine to hurt b/w the shoulder blades b/c it is in spasm.

Anybody else have problems T3?

If so, do you have pain b/w the shoulder blades and chest pressure b/c of it?
advertisement

Comments

• My physio recently found very tender spots at T3 and T5 and in the last 6 weeks or so I have had a feeling as though I have been punched in the back - as if I am winded or have bruised ribs. As the day progresses it seems as though the pain creeps round to my chest and tightens.

I've recently had some stabbing pains between the shoulder blades aswell ......... does this sound like your pain?

I've also been having pricking feelings and numbness in my right arm/hand/fingers. I had nerve conduction tests which ruled out any trapped nerves in my arm. The doctor who did the tests suggested that if not a problem in the arm then it is likely to be from below my recent surgery site (c5-6 and 6-7).

Oh no, I've just realised I am seriously in danger of hijacking your thread - I don't want to do that but I just wanted to share my experience with you, to maybe compare notes.

I see my NS on Wednesday - I'll keep you posted.

I know what you mean by that chest pressure, it's very unpleasant. What plans do they have for you dg?

Sandra
  • My back pain is much like yours Doof. Had an mri and it only showed some mild bulging at t4/6 t5/6 but the pain you described or both of you described is much like mine.

Now am I hijacking this thread? Whoops.

I'm supposed to start physical therapy and I really don't think it is going to do any good.
  • advertisement
  • Have either of you had any symptons in your arms/hands/fingers?

Sandra
  • I have had a stabbing pain feeling in my mid spine. After we came back from a camping trip and slept crummy and was cold for the last few days of it, it all started up. Even when I took a deep breath, it hurt from the midchest right to my middle spine b/w the shoulder blades.

My NP and Chiro said the nerves were irritated and in spasm.

I hate having the pressure in my chest, seems to worsen throughout the day. Almost feels like my esophogus is swollen. I hate it!!

Sometimes when I wake up at night, my arm is numb b/c it falls asleep.

Thank God for my chiropractor.
  • Yes I am having trouble with my right hand although I have noticed my left hand seems to be giving me trouble now.

It's like I have lost my fine motor skills. It is sometimes hard to get a firm grip on things and sometimes my handwriting sucks because I don't have the control of my hand.

My right foot feels the same way. Sometimes its hard to push the pedal when I am driving, I have to mentally think about pressing down.
  • advertisement
  • Good grief!!

At last ...... sorry to hear you are both suffering but at long last I think I may have found someone who knows exactly what I'm talking about.

DG, I get that horrible feeling of pressure building up into the chest as the day goes on.

Suziee, I've also been having problems with writing, it's quite painful to hold a pen at times and I'm always dropping stuff like keys. Sometimes it's as if my hands don't actually belong to me, like theres a delay in the message going from the brain to them. I had nerve conduction tests last week which ruled out carpal tunnel etc, I see my NS on Wednesday so will update you both then.

It's all looking like T spine isn't it :S

What are your chiros doing for you both and is it helping?

Sandra
  • Yes it is nice to hear from someone who shares some of the same symptons.

I have not gone to a Chrio, I am seeing a D.O and he does not want me seeing a chrio and I'm okay with that.

For the first few months I went to my D.O. and he manipulated my back, did ultrsound therapy, traction, and massage therapy and hydrocodone for the pain.

I had an mri a month or so ago and was really hoping we would find the "smoking gun" but we didn't. I have 2 mild disc bulges at t4/5 and t6/7. My Dr. doesn't think this should be causing my pain.

He has taken me off of the pain meds, said that I had been on them long enough (8 months). I was only allowed up to 2 500/5 a day and after a while they were not helping with the pain and he wouldn't up the dosage so it was useless.

I start physical therapy this next week. I honestly don't think it will help, but I will give it a go.

Does your leg tingle as well? My hand doesn't really hurt but I liked your discription that it feels like it doesn't belong to me. The pain is creeping down my side to my butt and leg where as before it was just my upper back.

I am so freakin frustrated I could just scream. (|: ~X(
  • Yes it is nice to hear from someone who shares some of the same symptons.

I have not gone to a Chrio, I am seeing a D.O and he does not want me seeing a chrio and I'm okay with that.

For the first few months I went to my D.O. and he manipulated my back, did ultrsound therapy, traction, and massage therapy and hydrocodone for the pain.

I had an mri a month or so ago and was really hoping we would find the "smoking gun" but we didn't. I have 2 mild disc bulges at t4/5 and t6/7. My Dr. doesn't think this should be causing my pain.

He has taken me off of the pain meds, said that I had been on them long enough (8 months). I was only allowed up to 2 500/5 a day and after a while they were not helping with the pain and he wouldn't up the dosage so it was useless.

I start physical therapy this next week. I honestly don't think it will help, but I will give it a go.

Does your leg tingle as well? My hand doesn't really hurt but I liked your discription that it feels like it doesn't belong to me. The pain is creeping down my side to my butt and leg where as before it was just my upper back.

I am so freakin frustrated I could just scream. (|: ~X(
  • Double post. How did that happen?
  • Anybody ever have the feeling like there is a ball in between the shoulder blades, but more on the right side?

It's the strangest feeling.
advertisement