Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Learning to heal from L5-S1 fusion. Mindset change.

Hello.

I had L5 S1 fusion surgery 20 days ago. The mental aspect of the healing process has been a new hurdle for me. The first two weeks have been extremely hard because of my limitation of my Independence. I can't cook for myself, wash my clothes, clean the house, and other household things.

Ive had back pain for over 10 years. Over those 10 years when I would hurt my back or it would go out, my back was rebound within a day or two. Time went by my back would take three to four days or maybe five days to rebound and heal. As years past became about a week to re bound. Then it became a week or two. And before I decided to have surgery it took me back a month to a month-and-a-half to a somewhat rebound.

Now that I'm on the other side of surgery. On the healing side. My back is actually getting better and starting to heal because of the Reconstruction they did with the fusion surgery. My back is healing in very small increments. But it is healing and getting better.

My point is, for so long my back would hurt and the duration of healing would take longer. Now it's a hundred and eighty degree switch to the idea my back is actually getting better. I've programmed myself for so long to think that my situation is getting worse. I now accept that my situation is getting better. Its doom & gloom anymore.  It's now a bright future.

I don't know if this post helps anyone, but I hope somebody can get something out of it.

Vegas

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,484

Vegas

As a matter of fact, your post will help a lot of members. If it is ok with you, I have book marked this discussion for other members that want a good recovery story
    So, thank you for posting this and please take care.

Keep us posted on your recovery.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Sounds great.  This is a journey.

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,484

Yes it is and I really hope your journey ends well. Sometimes you have to go inside and dig deep and stay positive.
    Keep updating here, this could be your journal.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • vegas

You are correct, it is a journey and you are coming around from where you were, keep that attitude, it will take you a long way.

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

advertisement