Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Healing after spinal fusion and lumbar lemectomy

Ok, so this is all new to me, just had spinal surgery 4wks ago the PAIN IS REAL!! Can't sleep well can't turn in bed, brace is uncomfortable can't work out OMG! The list can go on, but im blessed to be on my way to recovery still have about 2 month to go. 

advertisement

Comments

• mscruick

welcome to spine-health

If you wouldn't mind, give us some more information such as what levels you had fused and so on.
    You are still very early in the recovery process, but seems like you know that and have a good attitude about it, a good attitude will take you a long way, actually I think it is very very important to the healing process.
    I have had two lumbar fusion surgeries myself, if this helps any, at around that 4 week mark is when I really started to feel better, walking was easier, heck everything got easier, and I hope it is that way for you also.
    I feel your pain about the back brace, I have had several over the last 30+ years, I have never found one that I liked, after I was through with the last one, and I was ready, I hung it up in a tree and shot it several times with a shotgun, wasn't much left of it, so at least I will never have to wear that one again, the satisfaction was real, had a smile for 2 days.
    I have posted a link below that will be good reading for you.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on your progress

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator