Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Strong pains after Laminectony/Discectomy

Comments

• Ghunz

I have never had surgery to specifically remove scar tissue, however it was removed in conjunction with my fusion surgeries.

My understanding is that scar tissue will form after surgery, some patients seem more likely than others to have a problem, physical therapist have ways to help with ultrasound and exercises, but once there is a problem, you will most likely need to have it removed.

Chip 

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,525
    edited 05/17/2019 - 12:01 PM

I have a condition (keloids) where I scar very easily.  All my surgery scars are quite pronounced.   It has gotten worse over time.

The scar from the plastic surgery to cover a deep 3rd burn eschar is still very dark and pronounced.   That was almost 7 years ago.  The scar for my quadruple bypass heart surgery is very pronounced and is raised , dark and red.

The deep/soft tissue massage person I seen, had been trying to reduce some of that scar.   But its over a year old and really nothing can be done.  My psychiatrist, says I could have surgery to remove that large scar, but then I will be left with just another scar

Keliods 

medscape said:
    A keloid is an abnormal proliferation of scar tissue that forms at the site of cutaneous injury (eg, on the site of a surgical incision or trauma); it does not regress and grows beyond the original margins of the scar.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • Obviously I'm talking about epidural fibrosis, @challenger , did the fibrosis you had earlier cause you more problems after the fusion procedure? @dilauro , you talked about the scars on your skin right?

• Ghunz

I have been lucky, after the last fusion I have not been bothered by it, but I do my nerve glide exercises every morning and night 

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• @challenger before the fusion surgery, instead, did you have pains related to epidural fibrosis?  if so, which ones?

• advertisement
  • Can severe back, neck and arm pains depend on epidural fibrosis? Every morning I wake up with a severe cervical pain, when I look down, my upper back hurts a lot and if I stretch my arms it hurts me

• GhunzGGhunz Posts: 16

no one answers anymore?

advertisement