Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

week 34

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
well week 34 is here and come what may we should all weigh in today,pain in the back we all have weeks when we feel we are not doing AS well as we should be but the main thing is that we keeping trying and we will get there in the end and be much more healthy for it.

As for me ive managed to get 2 pounds off this week, i have up my excerise but i also have nt been eating as much due to the tooth, root canaltreatment starts on tuesday if the infection has cleared,such fun lol,but atleast it seems to be helping the weight loss plan lol.
hope you are all well
advertisement

Comments

• There is no stopping you right now is there Ben - well done, I wish I had a fraction of your energy/motivation.

This week hasn't been great for me, I had to work some long hours away from home and also the plumbing hasn't been working so well (if you know what I mean) over the last couple of days!!

Things seem to be on the move again now (I know, I know .... too much information), so I will be weighing in tomorrow.

Hope the rest of you are doing as well as Ben.

Sandra
  • Met my 1 lb goal for this week, that is 7 lbs in as many weeks, pretty good I guess, I feel like I can do better but this is pretty good considering how little exercise I am getting.

I went out to dinner with friends last night, everyone ordered dessert except me (I really was full, trying to listen to my body). I had a couple of spoonfuls of someone's dessert and it was just the right amount.

So, need to be more consistent with my PT exercises (started back up last week) and start challenging myself with more aerobic exercise (i.e. walking, no decathlons in my near future), that should step it up for me.

benji that is fabulous - yey!! You keep it going!! Sandra I hope you are feeling better, bet you are glad to be home. How did everyone else do?
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • advertisement
  • :) :) well done benji and aimless! <:P nice way to start off a new week! i gained 2 pounds. ~X( i have a migraine headache from pain from overexercising last week. i have looked at my behaviours from top to bottom and don't know what i did wrong. i may be battling a lost cause with the Lyrica. i followerd my Sparkpeople program all week as well. i am so disappointed! i almost didn't show up today at all but know that isn't an honest way to run my program! Jenny ~X(
  • exactly what I weighed now in the beginning. I have been in so much pin this last week or two that I just havent had the energy to bother. Other than that I have no excuses. I just get tired of hurting all the time.
    Okay starting tomorrow Im gonna try again. I need this weight off.

Christina
  • jenny we need you,you have helped me so much,don t beat yourself up,the weight loss could show up next week,that sometimes the way it works,Aimless well done you and mrs doof i now u can do it
  • advertisement
  • 1 lb up this week. Oh well. Being back in the classroom has helped to keep my mind off snacking but I have not had the energy to exercise. Plus the pain level went up a notch. A little worried about this week. I will have my first ESI tomorrow afternoon (very nervous). I am going to the store to buy fresh fruits and veggies to snack on just in case I get the munchies. Hopefully I can shoot for another pound in the other direction this week.

Good luck to everybody.
  • :) benji, what a good friend you are! i can count on hearing you cheer me on. =D> i am ready to get going. had a really rough day today. could only sleep and not eat! lol!Christina, maintenance is ok in this group. so you had a good week and know how to do even better this coming week. Everybody gather yourselves, make your plans and follow through! Jenny :)
  • I could not believe what I read! You are our strength here and we must check in on Sunday, good or bad! I will bet that you will take those two lbs off plus one more next week! Women do have fluctuations in fluid and if you know that you followed your program you can't go wrong. You will succeed if you stick to it. You just had two great weeks and it is not normal to keep losing at 4 lbs a week! Do not let this very minor setback get you down. I bet if you weigh on Wednesday those two pounds will be gone. It is just your body leveling out from the last major loss that you had. Now, I am very surprised because I managed somehow to lose 1/2 lb. Not much but hey these days I will take it.
    Elaine, You did great. 2 lbs is a very realistic amount to lose on a weekly basis and more likely to be able to keep it off.
    Ok, I am tired now from all this typing. lets all give it our best shot for the coming week.
    BTW- I have more weight to lose than anyone here, gained 4 1/2 lbs last month and if I can still keep coming back and not give up then I know that all of you can do it! Good luck to all.
  • I almost forgot but something that I started the last few days that has really helped me to gain control of my portions at meal times and may help some of you is a cup of broth before each meal. Just use 2 boullion cubes to 8-12 ounces boiling water. It actually helps me not to overeat at meals. I do this for lunch too. only 10 calories and actually pretty satisfying.
  • :) txteacher, you have the right attitude and are becoming aware of exactly what you need to do to lose weight. =D> it is such a learning experience with a lot of give and take. finally you will find just the right combination of diet, exercise and pain control to make your program work. having snacks on hand is really preparing yourself and a good way to help insure a loss this coming week. good luck with your procedure and rest when you get home!! I) take extra special care of yourself for the next few days! Jenny :)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.