Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Arachnoiditis

Just been handed the ugly diagnosis of arachnoiditis. Six spine surgeries have resulted in an outcome I never imagined, nor would wish on anyone! The ever increasing and debilitating pain has taken away what at one point two years ago was a happy retirement. Research shows very little that can be done except pain control as there is no cure. I have been reading about stem cell therapy, with some promising results but it is not covered by insurance and is very expensive. This disease can take away ones mobility and lead to other dire consequences. If I had been aware of the possibility of this affliction before I had that first "simple" decompression I would have never had that surgery done. The possibility of aquiring this disease was never once mentioned by any of my doctors, they did go over other possible problems but I never heard about this until it was too late. My advice to anyone considering back surgery is to really question your doctor about any procedure, including ESI injections which have a researched history of causing this chronic nerve inflammation. 

If anyone out there in the Spine Health world is dealing with this disease I would appreciate your input. A life on opioids and steroids is not a happy thought. They can't even get me into pain management for three months and told me to use my PCP for pain meds until then! If anyone has looked into or knows a person who has undergone the stem cell therapy I would be interested in hearing about it. (I know of one clinic in Arizona that has helped several people including a doctor)

Thanks all for reading my post

Bruce

advertisement

Comments