Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

I have been recently diagnosed with Cervical Osteoarthritis (Cervical Spondylosis) and I am scared

Hello,

I am a 46 year old woman that has recently been diagnosed with Cervical Osteoarthritis (Cervical Spondylosis) Neck arthritis. 

I began noticing something wrong in Nov. 2018, I thought it was just a pinched nerve and that is would go away. In Feb 2019 the pain became so unbearable, it ran down my right arm and my shoulder burned. I was so uncomfortable that sleeping was the worse. I had to start sleeping completely flat on my back with no pillow. At this time I was working as an account manager for a fine art shipping and storage business in NYC. I sat at a desk in a cubical for 10 hours a day for 4 years at a high stressed environment, Just writing about it makes my neck hurt. At this time I was also offered a job as an operations manager at a gallery in Soho and I decided to take it. I have always been a labor worker, I was a waitress for 12 years and for 10 years I had a business doing interiors in homes. I knew that I had to get off my butt and move throughout my work day. I now climb ladders and move small works around and I have little to no stress. I also ended my 7 year relationship because I just wanted as mu stress as possible out of my life. I no longer drink throughout the week and save those time for nights out with friends that are few and far between. With all these changes I can say 75% of the pain is gone and I start Physical therapy next Monday. I also have an appointment with the surgeon in a week. I want to know what that entails so that I can do my best to avoid it. 

Now.... I need to know what kinds of foods are helpful, supplements, etc., best exercises, tricks that have help others. I also need to know when I should begin looking into surgery (if I need to do that at all)? I do not want this to get worse and I wait to long and there is serious damage. Any adv

I am an artist and my right hand is my creator, if I loose any loss of that arm it will be devastating to my life.

Please help a scared newbie

advertisement

Comments

• ballyvaughan

welcome to spine-health

learn how to use spine-health - take the system tutorial 

Sorry you are dealing with this, and it;s o.k. to be scared, we have all been there, by the rules of the forum we are not allowed to recommend any exercises or supplements, but there are several articles under the treatment section at the top of your screen that could be very helpful to you.
    Your physical therapist will be the best to guide you through the exercise process and your surgeon will be the only one that will be able to recommend surgery, and we hope it doesn't come down to that, but if it does it is not the end of the world.
    Take care and keep us posted on your progress

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator