Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Alice in Wonderland Syndrome after Cervical Trauma

Hi.

As above really,

Snapped my neck back in 2014, spinal shock, paralysed for a few days,  feeling came back gradually,  walked out of Hospital 12days later.....

Gradual decline ;

Spacial awareness shot to bits, vertigo, photophobia,  inability to look at patterns, hearing away to sensitive (birdsong induces flashing lights!) Etc....

The best bit; seeing friends turn into cartoon characters, body parts shrink/ massively out of proportion,  seeing mice 'out of the corner of your eye's that aren't there etc.......

Laminectomy c3-c6  without fusion 2015.......

Nothing really improving much....

Very experienced Neurosurgeon of 25years at  UK's only dedicated Neuroscience Hospital....

"You're only the third person I know who's had this problem "

Medication trials galore. 

Third course of Botox injections to scalp.........

Nothing's helping, getting a bit 'fed up'.....

Anyone else out there experienced anything similar?

Ps.

No pain , ever!

advertisement

Comments

• My father has a semi similar condition(near paralysis state) but not visual auditory symptoms to such extent as you mentioned  ,lost his position sense and he is now recovering after ACLS ( but very slow recovery after surgery. The paralysis recovery post surgery is very slow and needs lots of patience. My dad had hallucinations and similar imaginations/dreams which we attributed to low Sodium(Electrolyte imbalance) he had .