Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How do I get a grip? (long post)

Comments

• I was diagnosed with breast cancer, stage 2 today. Next week I see a surgeon and after that, treatment. This is the scariest thing I have experienced in a long, long time.
    ~kathleen
  • You have a lot on your plate but all of it you can overcome. I too am a cancer survivor. I had cervical stage 3. You got it early and are starting treatment quickly which is very important. Just know that we are all here for you whenever you need to vent or just someone to help get you through the day. You are in my prayers.
    Missyg
  • advertisement
  • Thank you, Missy. It means a lot. ~kathleen
  • We are right here with you. You are not alone in fighting and beating this!!!

"C"
  • Sorry to hear about the new diagnosis. Hope the surgery and treatment goes well. We are all thinking of you.

All the best
    Dannik
  • advertisement
  • Thank you. I'm having tests and seeing a surgeon next week and will post if there is any news. ~kathleen
  • kathleen, I am so sorry to read the news.
    I will b ekeeping you in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.

Meg
  • Hello Kathleen,
    Life is unfair and the recent passing of my own sister through cancer a constant reminder to the priority and importance of things and life, she survived quietly and serenely for 7 years though difficult and continual treatment, bilateral mastectomy, two reconstructions three cycles of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, the all clear and bone cancer. She fought with veracity the restriction this imparted on her and it has measured my condition in the hierarchy of importance, and in her name I will continue to do my best every single day.

Any diagnosis of cancer changes families forever as we reach within ourselves to find unknown strength and durability, most of this continues unseen and thankfully now supported by society.

Getting a grip takes time and although we may present a confident presence, inside we are as fearful as everyone, setting achievable short term goals is a start and time for you will now become more important than ever, don’t look too far onto the future as we only have some control of the here and now, love each other and be kind to yourself.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

John.
  • You captured this very well, as only one who has experienced breast cancer or any kind of cancer in their own family, can. Thanks very much for validating all that I am feeling.

I'm very sorry about the loss of your sister.

Take care.

~kathleen
advertisement