Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

week 35,how r we all doing

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
its that time off the week that we all dread,standing on the scales lol.but i suspect that we already know if we have gained or lost even before we stand on them,i for one know if i haven t been very good that week or not excerised enough then how can i expect to have lost weight,this week is one such week, lol even though i ve been to the gym i have been dipping into the cookie jar so im happy that i have maintained this week, no weight loss but no gain either. I did have something to be happy about i tried on my bridesmaid dress and it looks so much better on me with the small amount of weight loss i have had, i can acutally breath in it now lol

How has everyone else done this week,good or bad let us know we are here to congratulate you if you have lost, or to support you if you haven t and hopefully get you and me on the right track again,i need inspiration and help this week,its my daughters 16th birthday on tuesday which means cake and treats for her and hopefully not too many for me lol, though im always happy to get presents lol
advertisement

Comments

• I bet you feel really great in that bridesmaid dress Ben, that should be incentive enough for you to keep up 'the good fight'.

You have done so well over the last few weeks and should be really pleased with yourself. Don't beat yourself up over the cookies and make sure you share that birthday cake on Tuesday, it's a big day for her. Your gym work is probably paying off in toning up but might be slowing the actual weight loss down a little - after all muscle weighs more than fat.

I've decided to start weighing myself on a Friday but I will post on Sunday with you all. If hubby is off at the weekend we like a couple of beers and a meal out, I'm still conscious of what I'm eating and drinking but the scales don't like it on Sunday morning =)) . I've also got a few weekends away coming up .... I know, I know, excuses, excuses :? .

Oh nearly forgot, I managed to lose a pound this week - it's about blooming time. I think that's the first loss I've shown for about a month!!

Sandra
  • I actually lost 2.5 lbs this week! The broth before dinner and eggs for breakfast has really paid off! I thought that my clothes were fitting a little better yesterday but I am really suprised at the 2 1/2 lb loss. I figured upping my protein and reducing the carbs would do it, it always works for me.
    Elaine, I agree with doof. If your dress is fitting you better than you are probably gaining muscle. I have had a few slips into the cookie jar myself this week. Eating eggs for breakfast instead of cereal has always worked to rev my metabolism and actually you protein sticks with you much longer because you do not get that up and down blood sugar going like you will will carbs. Congratulations on staying the same.
    Doof, I do not blame you at all. Back when I was working I would always weigh on Friday because Sundays and Mondays would not be as good from eating a little more on the weekend.
    I hope everyone else has done well this week and I am psyched for next week. This loss has given me motivation!
  • advertisement
  • well done you two,i bet you both feel great,im happy to stay the same this week mind id be happier if id lost lol,this week will be hard for me as ive my daughters birthday on tuesday and a 4 course formal dinner on friday so il have 2 b good the rest off the week see doof ive excuses too lol
  • :) well done to everyone this week, even benji!! i lost 3 pounds and was happily surprised. i don't feel 3 pounds lighter! lol! benji, all your effort has payed off and you still have weeks more to go. this should give you alot of incentive and make all the gym work and giving up bread pay off!!! you know we can always change the weigh-in day. maybe the end of the week suits everyone better! what do y'all think? Jenny
  • 2 so maybe we should change 2 fridays ,well done jenny u lucky thing
  • advertisement
  • (And I consider no gain to be good news!!) You all did well this week! As important as the numbers on the scale are, you also need to pay attention to how clothes fit, it is so telling, especially if you're building muscle which weighs more.

I managed to lose 1 lb. this week despite traveling and working really long days, so not always making the best food decisions. I am still not able to do much aerobic exercise without alot of nerve pain, which is so frustrating :(
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • painintheback, congratulations!! you made changes and saw a great loss!! persistence wins and action changes even more! what do you think about the day change? does it work for you? Jenny :)
  • :) aimless, good news! 1 pound should serve you well! you are so right about the feel of our clothes! why don't we just throw the scale away and use that method? oh! what the heck, the scale it is! are you using any nerve pain medications? and by the way, what do you feel about changing days? Jenny :)
  • Sorry I didn't sign in last week. I had to start a reduce pack of prednizone after having a root canal. I didn't loose this week but didn't gain either.
  • I'm flexible, Sundays work for me but I don't mind switching to another day, I just need to be consistent. I do like Sunday as its the beginning of the week, but that is about it for reasons!

Yes, 8 lbs in 8 weeks, I am doing well. I am taking 50mg Topamax 2x/day for nerve pain, and 300mg Neurontin in the evenings before bed (morning nerve pain is the worst). I hate to do it but honestly I need to talk to my doc about increasing, this is fine if I'm sedentary but not working if I want to exercise. What about you Jenny, what do you take for nerve pain?
    -Melissa
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.