Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical injection today

Comments

• Curly from what I have heard is the reason why most Dr's only do 3 injections every 6 months is because the steriod can make the bones weaker. THis is what I have been told. I have had way more than the 3 in 6 months not all in the same area. My skin became very thin and I bruise so easy. It is like a skin hemmorage. So, your question about if the meds are bad for you, this is what I know. Some Dr's also will not do more than 3 because the Ins. company will not pay for any more than that. What I find interesting is that the medical sites sell pill forms of the steriods that the Dr. uses and people use them daily. That is something I just can't figure out. Hope this helps some.
  • Hi Curly,

I had a SNB a few years ago for the pain in my pain/low back...didn't work & went ahead with surgery. That back is back.....I think this is as goos as it gets! :''(
  • advertisement
  • didn't work for me. I had it done last week and the nurse wanted me to tell her if I felt any different immediately after the procedure; I didn't and have been waiting for a week now. If by now it hasn't stopped the pain or the electrical shocks racing up and down my arm and into my head, then I don't think it will. Next stop on this happy train is a posterior fusion at c5-6 (at least) because Physical therapy, traction and TENS stimuli work for very short periods of time and the effects are gone usually within the hour.

I've been in constant pain since 1996 and have tried everything at least once. Can't wait for them to finally listen to me and help stop the pain. :''(