Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Flexeril I think im prescribed farrr too much ?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Pain Medications
Today my doctor wrote me a script for 8 ten mg tablets a day I cant find info on the max dose of this drug. Before i try this can someone tell me what dose is it toxic :&
advertisement

Comments

• hello pg. my script used to be take 3 -10mg at bed this was long long ago, and i remember the pharmacy man saying something about taking 3 are you sure patsy he even called doc office to be sure. now my script is take 2 -10 mg prn . so i would think 8 is alot ...patsy ps read your other post -and must say you had a heck of a day at doctors!
  • pg-I was on flexeril. I was only taking one 10 mg tablet and my mouth was so dry I could barely swallow. I stopped. Just my personal side effect..Have you used it in the past? I am not clear on dosing but the pharmacy/pharmacist may be able to discuss the toxicity questions before you fill the prescription..??..jade
  • advertisement
  • Ive been using it with moderate relief in the form of 3-10mg tablets a day but today she upped it to (As many as 8)
  • that the pharmacy read the docs hand writting wrong. MAybe he wrote it for 3 and it appeared to be an 8?!?! CALL you DOC before taking your meds. When I had Flexeril it was 3 a day
  • I appreciate the advice melissa but she gave me a full med consultation and reviewed the script with me. and told me to use that amount (My dr that is)
  • advertisement
  • how many pills did you get in the script bottle?
  • That is crazy. Flexeril didn't really work all that great with me so I stopped taking it. Some people feel that it is pretty powerful but for me it did nothing. 8 per day does seem like a lot.
    I have done some googling and this is what I have found so far:
    "How Taken - Flexeril is 10 mg tablet to be taken orally with food. Usual adult dose is a 10 mg tablet three times a day. Maximum amount of Flexeril usage is 60 mg per day. Do not change the dosage without medical consultation"
  • I apologize everyone the new doseage is 60 mg a day . Thanks for your input melissa !
  • That doseage sounds better.
  • Sorry about the confusion everyone. Mods feel free to lock this thread down or delete it. I appreciate everyones input very much!
advertisement