Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

failed back surgery, please help

Comments

• to make. I will not have any more surgery unless I am not able to walk! I will never take a chance on a fusion unless I was totally immobile. Have you tried the patches?
  • a pain pump? There are just so many things out there worth trying.
  • advertisement
  • I have tried pain patches before, The pump I have not, can u tell me what that is if u know, if it has to do with opening my back and inserting inside I really don't want to, just not with all the complications, two risky. Can you tell me anything about the medicine Soma, does it help , any side effects? If there is anything else u can suggest I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or advice.

thank u!!!!
  • give you any info that I have. I really am not sure if they actually have to open you up to install the pain pump or not. There are several members here that have one and could give you more info. I know that the ones that I have talked to that have one say it really helps. Also we have some members on the Fentanyl patch that say it works extremely well for them to control their pain. Soma is a muscle relaxer as is flexaril. I like soma because it does not make me groggy the next morning. There are lots of different ones to try. How long and what dose of Methadone did you try? It takes 5-7 days to build up in your system but once it is there it lasts a loooooong time for pain control. I only need to take once in morning and once at night. The nice thing about these meds is that they do not effect your organs like NSAIDS and Tylenol and some other pain meds do. Please feel free to PM me if you like.
  • Hiya salique,
    Just wondered how you are doing now! whats your pain like? Are you taking any medication? Hugz >:D<

Angie x
  • advertisement
  • Pain pumps and Spinal Cord Stimulators are both implants, which means they are implanted into the body surgically. The pumps and the generators are not that deep, just inside a "pocket". A pump is hooked into your thecal sac and the SCS leads are typically inside your spine on top of your thecal sac.

"C"
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.