:H "Rubies, Diamonds, and Pearls oh my!" I have to admit something. I am an addict! I am addicted to shopping! I find it to be the quickest way to "lift" my spirits when I'm feeling low or lonely. And sometimes I just do it for fun! My fav's to buy? Jewelry is #1! Any other jewelry fans out there? Or maybe I should say "fanatics"? The next in line would be shoes, makeup, kitchen stuff, and luxery bedding. Can't forget candles too! My momma named me right when I was born. Was it a premonition or could this have caused me to love jewels the way that I do? If I had been named "Levi", would I prefer to buy jeans instead? If "Harriet", would it be wigs?
I just bought an onyx ring a few days ago, and ordered some beautiful vintage looking earrings this morning on-line. Plus, I can't forget about the cabochon garnet ring that I purchased last week! I've been looking for a great cabochon stone ring for awhile now. =P~
I would love to know what the rest of you buy when you feel the need. Does it perk you up and help to get you out of a funky mood? Luckily for me it isn't a brief satisfaction like it would be for a true shopping addict. I enjoy my purchases for at least a couple of weeks before it begins to wear off.
Some tips that I've learned along the way;
(1) Gold Canyon candles smell the best, and give the best scent when lit.
(2) You CAN wear heels when you have back problems! I was wearing flats in the beginning and then one day I tried on a wedge heel. The pain in my lower back decreased. Try them, we can still look sexy when in pain! Must be wedge heels though!
(3) Have your clothing custom tailored to fit you perfectly. It doesn't cost very much at all, and your clothes will fit beautifully.
(4) I purchased a mattress topper for my bed and for the first time in 7 years, I'm able to sleep in it again. Without pain! If you send me a pm, I'll tell you where I bought it.
(5) I like to keep a vase with fresh flowers in the house all of the time. I have a lot of vases already, I just buy flowers at the grocry store. It is a very inexpensive splurge that boosts my mood every time I look at or smell them. White carnations with babies breath is especially pretty. They look like puffy clouds or snowballs.
Please feel free to add to my list, we can never have too many ideas that are uplifting! I also want to know what everyone enjoys buying, cooking, reading, etc.
What's a few of your favorite things? :X