Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

2 questions 10 days out of surgery

advertisement

Comments

• I met a guy in my NS waiting room who had numbness almost a year later. It's the new numbnss that is scary. How is your back doing these days? I saw on another post wher you said if a disc reherniates it can cure itself 80% of the time. That was so encouraging. Do you have more info about that? I wish you all the best.

Haylie
  • I just use a regular pillow, like the one I use under my head. I have been doing this since when I went for an office visit for my back, and they put a pillow under my knees when I was up on the exam table, and they told me I should always have one there to reduce the stress on my back.

Kin
  • advertisement
  • I know this sounds kind of silly not to figure this out, but I was wondering if anyone here who has slept on their stomachs using a pillow under their stomachs might be able to tell me the details? How big of a pillow? Where exactly do you put it? I tried taking a nap and used a pillow under my stomach, but felt some pain almost immediately in my back. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Haylie
  • I was told minor herniations can heal... But once it progresses to DDD and is dried out and has no more cushioning for the spine, it's irreparable.
  • I use a pillow under my stomach when I sleep on it but I have a very squishy pliable pillow so I can 'nestle' into it without stretching my back.
    It also means I can roll onto my side without effort.
    Our backs have a 'natural' S curve to them so dont feel you have to have a perfectly straight back.

I bought a feather pillow and literally took a stuffing out of it then divided that into 3 smaller pillows that I can stuff in different places when I sleep.
    WOrth the investment as I am still using them 4 months later.

Sara O:)
  • advertisement
advertisement