Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Grabber Story

JoyJJoy Posts: 559
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had the funniest thing happen yesterday. No BLT, right? So, when I feed my dog I have to use my grabber to put the dog dish on the floor. Well, I had no idea where I had put the thing, so I travel all over the house, looking in all the nooks and crannies where I might have left it. Truly, it took me about 10 minutes to locate it. So...when I get the trusty grabber in my hand, I just stand there for a minute and realize that I can't remember why I was trying to find the grabber in the first place! Took me another 10 minutes to remember. Overall, it took 20 minutes for the bouncing dog to get her food. Do I chalk this up to Vicodin, muscle relaxers, or the ever popular Senior Moment? Hey, gotta laugh at outselves, huh?
advertisement

Comments

• laughing with you not at you!!
    =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

any excuse to use that rolling on the floor smiley
  • Im sorry I dont even know you and i had to giggle.
    just yesterday i was gonna change the channel with the remote and i picked up my cell phone opened it up and started pushing buttons. true story...patsy
  • advertisement
  • My mom was a very intelligent lady but always struggled with anything mechanical. I had to buy her a wind up alarm clock because she could never figure out the digital one.

We don't have a land line phone, only cell. She was at my house one day and needed to use the phone. I told her that it was in the den.

She came in a few minutes later with the TV remote and said she could not get the call to go through.

True story, we both laughed till we cried.
  • Yesterday I tried to close the garage door w/ my cell phone--then thought the door was broken, so rummaged around for the cell phone to call the Overhead Door Co...couldn't "find" it...b/c I was HOLDING it...!

Aw, it's just Fusion Brain and our over-wrought Central Nervous Systems' way of reminding us what we've endured!

Ya just gotta laugh! Plus laughter strengthens your wrecked core muscles too! :)

~Lakeside, now wondering why I came upstairs just now...!
  • oh no whats happening to us, I have done sum real goofy things too its one thing when you do them and your all alone but in front of people that's when its real bad..patsy
  • advertisement
  • People expect that behavior from me. My brother recently asked me "Erin, when you get old and start suffering from dementia, how will I know?"

I have always been a bit "quirky"
  • grabber story..funny..LOL. =))
    I have 3 grabbers. Last night my husband asks me where the grabber is that was by the dresser as he wanted to pick a small pillow up??..He does not have a back problem but I think he decided the grabber was a cool tool. <):) B) jade
  • I dont have a grabber, have not had surgery yet, but i see them everywhere I go, so many different kinds.
    but Im getting one next time i get out,Im a bit on the short side and i can think of many times it would of came in handy.
    patsy
  • ha thats funny - grabbers are brilliant - I had one the hospital gave me after my surgery and then when I was rehospitalised two weeks later I made sure they gave me another one!

The other week I came home and my cleaning lady was there and she said "oh this grabby thing is really good - I used it to clean the skirting boards" - how lazy! :O I am hiding them next time she comes so she gives them a proper clean!!

so many uses - and of course they a really useful for pinching people on the bottom with lol ;)
  • Where do you buy them?
advertisement