Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Grabber Story

advertisement

Comments

• I decided not to take my grabbers as they were too expensive to get lost or borrowed. So I took a pair of BBQ tongs which is a good alternative though they dont have the length.
    After I had been in for a week or so I really had a craving for chocolate- Now no-one had brought me choc as I am not a big fan but every now and then get a desperate craving.

I had spied a vending machine near the lift but kept thinking no, you really dont need it etc etc.
    Eventualy after a couple of days of this and about 10pm I decided that enough was enough, so I made my way to the machine (10 minute walk) put my coins in and pressed the button. As should happen, the choc bar came out down the bottom but I COULDN"T REACH IT! =)) =)) :''( I just got to stand there and admire it instead.
    No one was around to ask for help so I just had to leave it.
    I had my tongs with me but they were not long enough and I really wished I had brought my good reacher in.

My reacher as Cali-Sue said is the King of all. It is a Homecraft one, expensive but really really worth it. It has a magnet on the side and all.

Keep laughing
    Sara O:)
  • I bought a nice one at Bed Bath and Beyond. Has rubber grips on the ends and even a small light, in case you are reaching for something behind a piece of furniture (not recommended post-surgery)
  • advertisement
  • LOL!!! That's got to be the WORST thing to happen...chocolate so close but soooo far away! That'll teach you to never leave home without your grabber!!

Wish I had mine with me when I went to the public library and dropped my keys on the ground before I got back to my car...had to wait for another patron to come out and asked her to get them for me. How embarassing!!

Thanks to all for the really funny stories!
  • I have done that so often with my keys that I now keep the old tongs in the garage!
    It is amazing how much we drop.

Sara O:)
advertisement