Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Depression?

Comments

• nancy, maybe you saw it in my signature. i tried it last spring for 4 visits and it did nothing but give me a giant bruise on my butt. there are some success stories with it on line if you search. my massage therapist had it done for a tailbone injury and got some relief. here is a web link:
    https://www.escalonnaturalhealth.com/home.nxg

i figure it doesn't hurt to try. it was done in a really relaxing invironment like a massage. i go there now for therapeutic massage, and i had more luck with that than bowen.

goodluck, sue
  • Mark, I too am on antidepressants Zoloft and my Dr increased it prior to surgery. At the tiime I thought it unnecessary but I can see now she was thinking more clearly then I was :))(
    2 weeks ago I forgot for about 5 days to take my zoloft (didn't realise till later) and I had a pretty teary week which is very unusual for me.

On the whole I am pretty positive and I tend to look for the bright side of things. I said on another thread at some stage that I decided that my recovery time was going to be a mini holiday for me so I could do all sorts of theings I usually dont have time for.
    So I have been doing jigsaws (raised table) scrapbooking, sorting through photos and labelling them all eg all the things I want to do but never have time for.

Just know that you are not on your own
    Blessings Sara
  • advertisement
  • Mark,
    I had some pretty bad thoughts in my recovery.
    I mean really bad thoughts!

The meds and the body chemistry combined with complications and the whole situation/reality made for a bad mix.

Every case is different, and "cheer up" just didn't cut it for me. Thankfully things got better. It wasn't easy and it didn't happen over night.

-----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Again thanks.

It's amazing all the responses and best wishes. I really appreciate. I'm not the type of person to pour my feelings out or would normally ever admit to being so depressed but I've certainly realized I'm at the point. Fortuneatly I have a very very supportive wife. Just started on Celexa and see how it works for me and if not will look at some other meds as mentioned.

thanks.

-mark

advertisement