Was there anything about your surgery that was a surprise that you wish someone had told you about? Maybe this topic can help others who are about to have similar surgeries. Here are some of my things I wish someone had told me:
1. After surgery, it may be hard to pee the first time or two. No reason to worry--it's because of the anethesia.
2. Anesthesia may make you nauseous. Brace yourself for this, along with maybe some gas and bloating. Tell your nurse even in recovery because she can give you something to help. The symptoms can last even after you get home.
3. Your same numbness and tingling you had pre-op may continue after the surgery. So don't worry if you feel it when you wake up after surgery.
4. Don't worry if you are`depressed or weepy in the days right after surgery. They say this is normal. Surround yourself with caring, supportive people when you get home.
5. Some hospitals like mine give you a raised potty and walker to use at home after surgery. (I didn't know this!)
Any other tips? What do you wish they'd told you?