Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Thanksgiving Dinner, what is yours?

advertisement

Comments

• but I love this topic! I love to read all of the different ways that everyone spends their holiday and what they serve. I also appreciate the new ideas.

I also have to admit something to you all. I've never had or even tried a green bean casserole in my life. I've never even seen one! Sounds nut's, right? :D
  • Well, we've always had the Traditional Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beens, Gravy, forgot some of the other stuff.

The Holiday itself? I've never been crazy about it being of Native American extract. I imagine my ancestors standing on the Eastern Seaboard shores seeing those first ships turning up and thinking, 'Well? There goes the neighborhood!'

Ken GreyEagle
    Western Band Cherokee
    Greyeagle
  • advertisement
  • Thats how I feel... the way I see it, go ahead and bring your home made cranberries, but bring the canned ones too!!! I'll eat em both!
  • With my hubby's air force buddies. My mom really enjoyed cooking for the boys.

And it really was Thanksgiving, since these kids couldn't get home to their families
  • See how incredibly special it is to share the holidays with someone who would otherwise be alone or eating at Denny's? We had a friend whom we found out after the holiday that he and his two small boys had dinner at Jack in the Box. We invited him to spend the Christmas holidays with us but he luckily had somewhere else to go. Lucky for him I mean! But this just broke my heart!
  • advertisement
  • That last sentence made me crack up! =))
  • I have quite a bit of Cherokee in my own blood. You could really see it in my grandmother and her father. You can only see it in me with my high cheek bones! Otherwise, the Irish shows through a lot and gave me lily white skin. I would prefer the olive complexion of my mom, (a little bit) and grandma. Way too beautiful!
advertisement