Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Help Please!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Chronic Pain
I just found this site today and decided to ask for help.I fell in a manhole back in May and broke two ribs,pelvis and have two bulging disk's.I have terrable pain down my right leg with numbing to my foot.I also have pain all around my groin since May.I am scheduled for a epi on monday.My question is this....I was perscribed lortab 10mg for pain.This has helped but i have been in more pain and it does not help??...I just started going to a pain management clinic and thought they could help.I called them yesterday and explained my pain and all they said was they have prescribed the strongest medication they could??I told them it was not helping and that i was not sleeping,my leg was just terrible with pain...They just said that i was having my epidural on monday and to hold off.These people made me feel like shit,i felt like some dope head tring to get pills.I am so upset i do not know what to do anymore.I was going to go to the E.R. but what could they do??....I have been dealing with depression for the last couple of weeks from everything.I am on W/C and have already lost one car and ready to loose another.I am having trouble keeping up with the mortgage etc....I could go on all day.Please if anyone could be of help what to do this would help me greatly. Thank you Aaron K.


  • I went to ER because I couldn't get in to my Family Doctor. They gave me something stronger for pain. If your Doctor can't be reached you should go to a walk in clinic or ER. The Doctor can advise you.You shouldn't have to suffer all weekend in pain. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • workman's comp since may seems like a long time. they have kept you on that long? they will not give out some meds due to price, but i've heard from my pain dr that they do use oxycontin on wc. your dr is giving you total b.s. if he says they do not give out stronger meds. they do. maybe he doesn't. get a new dr. call wc and talk to your counselor and tell him what is going on, pain, meds not enough, etc. ask for new dr. i believe that is your right. are you permanent disability or short term? do you have regular insurance. if you do go see a real dr not a quack from wc

    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • advertisement
  • Hey Jon,thanks....I did not know i could switch my pain doc at this point.I do have the epideral on monday,should i just go ahead and shit-can this one and request a new one? I understand why folks get so depressed when they are dealing with pain.I just hate the fact that they seem to paint a picture of you as a pill head.I have never asked for anything in 7 months and when i do,this! soooo damn frustrating i could punch a tree!!...Do i not know my body and what is not helping? what the hell is wrong with these self-rightious quacks? Matti.
  • also if you are having this proceedure done, they may want to wait until its over before changing any meds is all. that's what they did to me the first time i had an SI injection done. i know its so hard. please try to hang in there and if it gets too rough and you cant take anymore, go to the ER and tell them what's going on. maybe they can at least give you a pain shot to knock it down for now.

    hope this helps,

  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,348
    other diagnostic tests? Having to deal with your situation and pain since May is a long time. What has your doctor been saying as to what they believe is your problem?
    Since they are scheduling you for a Spinal Injection (ESI) I am going to assume they believe there is a disc related problem. You mentioned you have two bulging discs. That has become such a general term now. Was this pointed out as a result of having a MRI done?
    And during this timeframe, has your doctor not offered or suggested other conservative treatments? I would imagine, Physical therapy would be one for starters
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.