Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Strange Problem

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Pain Management
I have a very strange problem. I currently live in SC after moving here from FL where all my doctors are. I am going back to FL for Lumbar EI’s the end of this month, by my NS. I had Cervical EI’s done by another doctor and had a very bad reaction to it. All of my neck and shoulder muscles locked up. I couldn’t turn my head, forget about lifting my arms, I hurt so badly from it, and it was unbelievable. The doctor said he had never seen a reaction like mine before so he wanted me to try a second time. The same thing happened and I told him forget about me having anymore done in my neck. When the NS suggested that I have the Lumbar EI, I reminded him of the reaction that I had. He told me not to worry that I would be fine. Well I have trusted this man with my life 3 times so I figured I would try. Espicially if it would get rid of the pain in my lower back and leg! I asked the NS about pain medication as the PM dr said that he will not give me anything extra. He said that policy in SC is he handles the chronic pain but any acute pain I have from the procedure I have to get medication from the surgeon. So I called the surgeon and he informed me that being I am under PM he will not give me an Rx for anything. All I am trying to do is CYA in case I have the same problem with the Lumbar as I did with the Cervical. Any ideas as to what to do?


  • Do you have a primary doctor you could see ?
  • I could try and get in to see her. She is also in FL in a large practice and sometimes it can be hard to get in to see her.
  • advertisement
  • I know it is ludicrous! I called my old PM in FL. She said that she would be more than happy to help me out. I am going to go see her for the next 2 months while I get the injections. In that time frame I am going to try and find a new PM dr close to home.
Sign In or Register to comment.