Hi all, I am grasping at straws. My surgeon, neurologist, physiatrist, and general doctor do not know why I'm still in pain. Please tell me if you think I could have Fibro.
Here's what I have going on:
- I am a 48 yo female and have been diagnosed with DDD and have one herniated disc in my lumbar spine plus a failed neck surgery one year ago at the C5-6 level - it fused but the pain is the same as before.
- Standing hurts from the base of my skull to my tail bone and the pain only diminishes when I sit or lay down. My legs feel weak, but they really are not. I can walk normally, but must sit sooner than a normal person would because of the all over pain feeling.
- I have constant pain from my neck down into my shoulder, arm, and hand including weakness and numbness.
- When I do "too much" like vacuum one room, I will have an increase in pain and likely get a migraine headache.
- I have a sensitivity to smells, lights, and loud noises.
- Before pain, I was happy, hyper, and full of energy. I live in a somewhat foggy state thanks to the pain meds I need to get by. At least I am still height and weight proportionate and healthy (it seems) besides constant chronic pain. Ice on my neck and shoulder help a little, but not enough.
A good friend who knows of someone else who has Fibro and she thinks that I may have Fibro as well. Do you? I realized I need to ask a doctor, but in the mean time, does anyone think that I do. Or do you think it is something else I should look into. So far my doctors haven't helped at all.
Thanks in advance!