Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Medication Recomendation

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Chronic Pain
Does anyone know what would be a good replacement for tramadol/ultram that would give more pain relief. I take tramadol 100mg qid but it doesnt do a whole lot for my pain. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Joey
advertisement

Comments

• It would depend on your Dr and what you are being treated for??????
    If that is not giving you relief call them and not ask directly for a certain medication as that is a red flag for some drs.
    But just tell them that the ultram is not working well on the dosage your on now
    . I was on 400 mg a day and that seemed to work well. Thats the max. Plus there is ultracet. Same as ultram but mixed with tylenol.
    The next highest step is darvocet, hydrocodone, then oxycodone.
    But like I said its all going to depend on your Dr, the reason for treatment etc...
    Give them a call on Monday.
    Let us know how you make out.
  • I started taking Cymbalta 3 weeks ago and I am amazed at how great I feel. The relief was immediate and substantial. I also like that it is non-narcotic. I would recommend it to anyone with back pain. I feel better than I have in years!
  • advertisement
  • Have a look at this link http://www.spine-health.com/forum/pain-medications/medication-101-spine-patients

As TerriJV said, discuss with your doc that your current medication/dosage doesn't seem to help and ask for an alternative/increase.
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• vicodin 5/500 Or possibly codeine #3 or #4
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.