Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

19 weeks, is this par for the course?

advertisement

Comments

• Oh absolutely, I talked to PT and she said basically there is 8 inches of my back being stable, above and below that are working overtime. Those muscles are taking on all new stuff and that is why your sore in places you can't imagine. Carol you will be rid of the brace by then, just keep going a few minutes more each day without it and you will build up to it. By the way my birthday is Nov 9, I will be going back to work. Hang in there.
  • Thanks seeking help...so I'm not having aliens invade my body, this all over muscle spasming, soreness, stiffness is part of the deal-wonderful. Alright prayers for your Nov return to work and my Nov. brace freedom.....yeeee haaaaa!!!! What about you Sara, got any Nov. goals??
  • advertisement
  • yup, Carol, we sure do need to write that pamphlet!I sure did wasn't told about the pain I'd have BELOW & ABOVE the fusion area, all those muscles now trying to figure out what to do with this "new" immoveable mass of spine...!

What they don't tell you will fill the 1st 100 pages, right Carol?!

Ach! Just keep plowing ahead, use the brace, ice/heat/massage/pain meds/wine/whine....whatever gets ya thru! Including all the great friends here!

And yes, Joy, what a JOY to have that marrow-punch site iliac pain gone! Mine left @ about 5 months & it's never returned---hallejulia! At least something that is GONE besides my body parts & sanity! :)

Night all--sleep comfy, however you get there!

~Lakeside
  • Yep, the things they don't tell us. My spinal muscles were disected from L1 to S2 for a single level fusion at L4-5!??? No wonder my muscles were screaming in spasms, and I feel that tightness all the way up to mid back. Seems crazy! :/ :/
  • Funny I was just thinking this today. Time to re-assess my goals. I finish my PT and Hydro on Friday this week and had my final asessment with the physio today.
    She is recommending that I go back to the REAL GYM as she said I know enough now as to what my limits are and how far I can push things, she will write a program for me.
    So my goal is to get workers comp to agree (and pay) for the gym and hopefully I can be back there before long.

I am looking forward to daylight savings next week so I can go walking in the evening rather then in the heat of the day but I do find walking on the treadmill better then the footpath. I can go longer and have better traction I think.

I see my O/S at the end of October and will have a CT scan then. I am sure it will show full fusion and I can get back to living normally which will of course mean looking for work as well. Actually it will be really really nice to have an income coming in again rather then relying on benefits which dont cover half my costs.

Now I am investigating jobs and what they entail so I can have a better fix on things.

So that is it for me- get back to the gym and find a job, sounds pretty boring and I'm sure to some it is but I am really looking forward to it.

Blessings Sara O:)

• advertisement
  • Sara,
    That's great; you've had a long haul and now your goals are getting a job and living normally? That's awesome!! I will face the same dilema. I am a pediatric nurse and don't know what I'll find where I don't have to lift or bend. I have always been blessed with great jobs so I'm trusting the Lord will send something my way when the time comes. My goal now is to get rid of this stinkin' (and I'm serious, it stinks after a hot summer of wearing it!) :sick: and getting all the muscles to work together in unison. My daughter goes to college 2 hrs. from here so I'm hoping that by the end of Oct. I can meet her half way for lunch.
advertisement