Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Still waiting to be discharged (venting)

advertisement

Comments

• Hey girl, i'm having the same procedure next Monday...can you fill me in on what to expect...how are you feeling aside from the stomach issues...i'm really nervous!! thnx so much
  • Glad you had surgery and foot feels better. Warm water and lemon and vegtable soup and anything warm can get things moving. Hope you get out of hospital soon. No place like home. Keep us posted. We're thinking warm thoughts about you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • I'm sure your glad to finally be home! keep us posted on your progress, so us newbes know what to expect. Sorry to hear you had such a bad time in the hospital,"there's no place like home" Rose
  • Such good news about the leg and that the brace is helping quite a bit...just think, all you're bitching about will be over shortly (if it isn't already)!

Your gas story reminds me of when I had a colonoscopy! Hopefully that has blown out of you too! :rollinglaugh:

• I take it your not home yet hun. its been 12 hrs since you posted. and i know you , your like me and would of posted when you got home.
    mabye another night wouldn't be so bad. that way you could get the good meds if needed.
    are they sending you home with diludid pills and percs??
    or did you mean they are just doing the shots along with percs in between.

i so wish my dr would RX the diludid pills. i so totally can do without this tylenol. but they won't. meanies ~X( [( [( or a pain pump at home, hey i would be walking miles by now instead of nothing at all. :O 8}

let us know how you make out asap darlin.

lots of love and hugs
    terri >:D< :* >:D< :* >:D< :* >:D< :*
  • advertisement
  • Glad you came through surgery and with pain gone in foot already, that is great news. The hosptial stay will be over soon and you will recover so much happier at home. I also had lunatic roommates 2 of them. How do we get so lucky? The first one cried/wailed all night about being in the hospital( she was like 40), and the second had spine surgery and the first night she was out of it and could not push her morphine pump, she yelled to me every 10 min to call the nurse. I felt sorry for her til the next couple nights as she got up once she got medication working she would get out of bed and pack and unpack her suitcase. I kept asking her "should you be doing that?" Any how I hope you will get home tomorrow and start "sleeping" in your own bed.
  • Good to hear from you - had been thinking of you over the weekend. I think I have a single room next week and although it can get lonely, it's better than some of the dodgy neighbours that you seem to find in hospital these days - are we the only sane ones???

Update on Leg Shaving Fiasco ----- Had the wax this morning... sticky, chicken legs now :))(
  • When you complain more about being hungry than hurting. :-)

"C"
  • Yeah, that would have made a lot more sense. Just move you straight to the bed you were going to have anyway! My goodness! That must have sucked so bad :( I am sorry that nurse was sooo mean to you. I would have yelled at her if I was there. And I really would have, too!!!
  • I appreciate so much being able to vent to people who have been there and understand where I'm coming from.

Yikes! A trip to the E.R. :( I am gonna have to go read that after I finish all my replies here.

Hope you're doing better now :)
advertisement