Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Its all in my head the doctor said...?

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 3,372
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Matters of the Heart
Went to see a pain managment doc yesterday. given the same ol' run of well, you gots multiple injuries, 'your area of concern is from here to here" pointing to neck to butt, and theres nothing i can do cause its not protruding-squashed-damaged-leaking -impinged enough. so my educated guess is that you make the pain worse by thinking about it...HMMM,
years of med school and all the time in just to say, its all psychosomatic?
and that i need better coping skills..
again HMMMM.
coping skills.
what do you think?
does it seem that i have a problem with pain perception?
does it seem i dont know how to handle pain?
I guess i dont...
I guess next time ime laying downon the floor in lab, trying to keep from screaming imprecations from the "pain in my head" i'll remember that sage advice.
ohh...and the problem i have with sleep?
thats all in my head too.
I hope your docs are better equiped to ubderstand a person, and knows how to listen first, and judge later.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod
erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement

Comments

• sweetie , I am so sorry that you have been so ill treated.....I truly am. Just remember that we are here for you and if you need me for anything then I am a PM away....Miki
  • I'm sorry!! I wish we knew exactly what was going on in the head of these doctors!!! I feel like I am being told the same thing everyday!

Can you find another PM? One who won't insinuate that this is in your head?

Goodluck Ranch!
  • advertisement
  • Ranchhand,

I am saddened once again to hear of someone getting this kind of treatment, I hope you have other options available in your area.I cannot believe chronic pain patients are treated with this level of disrespect.Just so know other doctors do this too in regards to pain.My little tale below.

Heres a chuckle for ya,

The podiatrist I saw last year, a "steroid shot" factory, told me my gout pin could be solved by an SSRI/Steriod shot and not the percocet that my PCP rx'd me.My pain level was a 9 and I was under suicide watch because it was at 2.5 months already.

I told him :

1: I cannot take SSRI's(lexapro/prozac tried before) because they cause mania in me.Not to mention would have probably thrown me over the edge.I already had a depression cocktail if he would have actually read my records!!!

2: Diabetics and steroids are bad news, but he said do it and see it won't be bad.OMG, my blood sugars were off the map,I had depersonalization and so many nasty side effects from it.It not only didn't take the pain away it made me sicker and 1 month later all my back issues(congenital) came out of the blue without warning.
  • Thanks for coming back so fast! its nothing new down here in south spiney land. I just put away the feelings of hopelessness and moved on. Its not that i havent got medication today, ive still that, its just the old story thrown back in my face,again.
    Frustrated sorry bout the meds coming back and giving you grief, and dont worry the thread, i love when every body throws in..it called empathy and its the best part of human nature!
    But because of the news and some others all my defenses went down solid this morning. Every thing is black... bummer.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• that has the problem with his head,he needs it examined,why do these doctors do this,do they really think you want to be like this,don t know what i can say except you know that your in pain and who is he to tell you you re not,he cannot possible no that.try to keep you re spirts up and don t listen to that doctor if you can call him that
  • advertisement
  • I guess he is not happy in his job then. rofl =))

Go somewhere else.

Go somewhere else.

Go somewhere else.
  • they don't have any answers so OF COURSE it just has to be a mind set thing.
    I was told the tightness in my shoulders in neck it's both the dics and muscles. And that the muscular issue is stress. I told her I've got absolutely nothing going on that's stressing me right now and certainly nothing that's caused two years of this supposed 'stress'. Naturally she tells me that even though I say I'm not that I really am and just don't realize it. Ummm okay. I'll keep chugging along with my so called stress. I apologize for hijacking your thread but I hear ya' and I think it's a lot of baloney. /:)
  • ranch- Been down that path. Just because he says that does not make it true. I have later found out I did indeed have many medical problems that were either misdiagnosed or undiagnosed.
    For example, I remember crying at a gyn's office that I was so ill and in so much pain that if he did not find anything wrong that I needed to be in a psych hospital. I said that if my mind is that strong to cause this severe pain, then I need to be hospitalized. During surgery, the dr found end stage IV endometriosis and I then needed a hysterectomy. I no longer accept the mental cause for my physical problems...jade
advertisement