Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Mom passed away

Comments

• I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. >:D< >:D< >:D< for you hon.
  • Gloria,
    I am so glad you were able to make the trip to see your mother. I am so sorry for your loss. Grieving is one of the hardest things I have had to do. There are no rules or guidelines, just a lot of sloppy break downs. Be kind to yourself. As others have said your mother is always with you, i just did not like the new relationship. Time takes time.
    jane
  • advertisement
  • sorry to hear of your loss. Like somebody already mentioned, I am sure it was comforting to you and to her that you were by her side. I hope that she had a long good life and that you have lots of good memories to keep in your heart.

• My condolences to you and your family as well.
  • Thanks to everyone for their words of comfort and warm thoughts and prayers. Yes, it meant so very much to be able to be here by my Mom's side for the last moments of her life. She had Lewy Body disease with dementia, which is similar to Alzheimers, but can be much more aggressive. When we were sitting with her in her room, we would talk to her and just conversed like normal.
    Ironically, her sister had just passed away about a week and a half ago, and her family were all here in town for her memorial service, so we were all able to attend that, which under different circumstances we would not have been able to attend. Needless to say it has been a very emotional past few days. We have Mom's visitation tomorrow, with her funeral service on Mon. Mom's wishes were to be cremated, so after those services her remains will be cremated, and we will be able to inter her ashes at the cemetary on Tues. Again, thanks to everyone for being so supportive. >:D<
  • advertisement
  • Glor i am really sorry to hear of ur mothers passing.......i understand this is an emotional time for u..u are in my thoughts and prayers
  • Glor,
    Not at all off topic.....How are you doing? It must be comforting to have all your family there with you, but don't forget to take care of your needs. I had a cevical fusion in 1993, 3 days after my surgery, my younger brother died. My mom was devastated, and his twin was shattered. I forgot to care for me, and had a difficult recovery from my fusion. Please take care of yourself and know that I am thinking of you. Try to even laugh a little, when my brother died we talked about the funny things and laughed til we cried. It was an amazing release.
    Take care
    Sagehen
  • glor i am saying a prayer for your mom, you, and your family and friends for your lost. i know these times are very difficult and sad. God bless you.
  • Gloria,

Have been thinking of you these past few days, wondering how you are getting on.

I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, please accept my condolences. Its never easy to lose anyone, especially a parent. However they are with you every step you take, they helped make you.

I hope your back issues aren't too bad at the moment. Trying to cope with your grief and back pain would be too hard to deal with.

I am sending you lots of love, hugs and positive thoughts to you and your family at this sad time.

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers
    Danni x
  • Danni,
    I'm doing okay for the most part. I have just been trying to relax since coming back from Iowa after my Mom's funeral. Unfortunately I'm still dealing with the infection in my incision. :?? It has been draining now for a week, and doesn't seem to be clearing up. I have another appt with my ns tomorrow so I will let ya'll know how that goes. Last night and today, we have been enjoying the company of one of our grandsons. :* The past few days have been somewhat melancholy as fall was my Mom's favorite time of year and we have had very typical fall days lately.
advertisement