Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

vicodin ES

advertisement

Comments

• I was recantly in automobile accident with multiple injuries and also suffer from PTSD. Finding a combo of medications that worked was hell. My post traumatic stress disorder kicked in hard after accident severely effecting my sleep.
    The pain meds i am taking is vicodin 5/500. After finding a doctor that specializing in pain and PTSD and was finally able to get the help i needed after 4 months of torture.
    I have always been very sensitive to pain meds and they usually make me fell sick, nauseated or flat out uncomfortable.
    First off is never take any benzo meds with it unless it is valium. All other benzo's will worsen condition especially with severe pain with nerve damage. valium acts as a mucsle relaxer which helps muscles relax with injury and helps me tolerate the medication. The more tylenol or naprosyn or any of those type drugs i take the worse i feel.
    The exact combo that has done miracles for me was taking the vicadin every 4-6 hours, i take one .5 mg valium at night and one in morning, and at night i take 25mg or seroquil which is usually an anti psychotic but in small dosages it helps the brain block off the receptors that deal with the pain.
    Another thing that has been huge is marijuana. Not any kind will help in fact most blends can worsen condition. Easiest way i can put it it the lighter green it is or another way to put it is if it is mostly indica it helps relax the nerves and greatly helps with appetite so i can actually eat when before i was hardly eating at all and lost 20 pounds in 3 months doing nothing for exercise.
    The major truth i have found is that in alot of situations medical marijuana would be much more beneficial than the pills that can be prescribed. It already has been scientifically proven to be incredible for pain without negative side effects.
    I truly hope this can help cause i went through hell trying to deal with the meds and the pain and once i found a system that worked my road to recovery has greatly increased in potential.
    One more thing is if your body has a tendency to reject the pain meds such as myself addiction whould not be a big worry for you cause to me i cant wait to stop taking them and i actually did stop all meds a while back for three weeks and in fact the only withdrawel symtpons i has was with the clonazepam that my primary care gave me which is a huge no no.
    Easiest way i can put this too you is when you need a haircut dont call a landscaper and when you want your hedges trimmed dont talk to a barber.
    Most doctors dont understand that not all people are big fans of pain meds and usually are very weary about even giving them out so with that said make sure you have a doctor that listens and acknowledges your issues and understands.