Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

week 39 welcome to the newbies

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
and i hope the scales are going in the right direction for everyone,its good news foe me ive lost 2 pounds after staying the same for 2 weeks i think that having cereal in the morning has helped me weetibix really fills you up, and did do a lot of walking whilst i weas in london,looking forward to seeing how everyone else has done
advertisement

Comments

• benji, that is a job well done!! 5 more pounds to go!! you are really a great example of what can be done if we put our minds to it!! Lyrica and all you have managed to lose the weight!! i have only to report that i stayed the same. i don't know how i did that after cake and chicken but i am not going to ask alot of questions about it! lol! anyway, everyone else weigh in and let's start the new week!! good luck! Jenny
  • Morning All,

First of, Gratz Benji for losing 2 lbs!

Jenny, staying the same is better than going up, especially considering you had cake....mmmmm

Ok, I just weighed in. I am going to use these threads to keep track of my progress rather than write it down on my pad on the refrigerator. This way I'll have a central location to refer back to where I can gain encouragement to stay the course. All the refridgerator does is encourage me to eat more /:)

And so I can find it week to week I am going to post, for my own reference, what my stats were the week before and where they were located.

It has been 10 days in all since my last weigh in. On 9/25, post #37 in the thread 'A New Week' I was at 252lbs.

This morning I was 241 lbs, so pencil me in at losing 11 lbs <:P <br />
    That was way more than I expected. surely I can't keep up that pace. I did think I felt a difference from when I started though.
  • advertisement
  • mcback that is just great i bet you really pleased with yourself,jenny you re doing great too mataining can be hard work so you re not doing too bad are you,im starting pilates tomorrow night so im hoping it tones me up abit
  • :) McBack, you are off to a good start. <:P you will lose alot to begin with but that is good incentive. this is a good place to record your weight each week. i will put in my stats: 150 lbs. with a goal of 130. i have had a goal of 125 but that just does not seem realistic anymore. i would be happy with a loss for a while just to see if i can get out of this weight permanently. you know it goes up and down a few pounds and then stays the same and i don't even know what my exact weight is. my scale is not that good!! it is always around 148 to 150lbs. here is to a new week and a weight loss for everyone. i have a goal of atleast a pound but would sure like to lose more. Jenny :)
  • Great news for all of you (even staying the same is a feat, as far as I'm concerned!! ;)) )

I'm at the same weight, which is a feat considering my emotional eating of the past 2 days (I won't mention specifics), but I am back on track! Its a new week.
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • advertisement
  • :) aimless, i am with you! put the past week behind and get going on a new one! :? do feel good about staying the same, especially if you overdid it a bit. i do hope you are feeling better! Jenny :)
  • Congrats to you all! What great encouragement for a newbie - staying the same or losing! =D>
    Week 39 is my week one - so wish me luck. I am on Lyrica as well. I am fused eleven levels so am very limited on what I can do, but I will be walking as much as possible. My goal is to lose the 60 pounds I have regained recently. I don't want to cross over to diabetes again so I have a good motivator! Best wishes to all for a great week!
  • I gained 3.5 lbs! I knew that I would have a gain from all of the late night fast food that I ate. This week will be different for me. Congrats to everyone else that did so well!
    BTW- I posted this to stockbroker last night on the last thread and do not know if she saw it or not so here it is again:

Subject: welcome Stockbroker!

I find that using a small dinner dish and never going back for seconds helps alot with portion control and still feeling satisfied. I have learned little things like a piece of meat that fits the palm of your hand is about 3 ounces and is a good portion at meal time. Stick with us and we will try and give you tips along the way. And who knows? Maybe you can teach us a thing or two! I am pretty sure that I will have a gain this week due to my recent travel experience but, I am going full force this week, the weight has got to go. I need to lose about 80 lbs but will be thrilled with 40. Good luck to all for tomorrow.
  • :) painintheback, you are doing well to just let last week go and focus on this week. don't let that small gain hold you back! i think we are all determined to have a loss this week and that includes you! good luck this week, Jenny :)
  • I'm feeling better mentally... not quite there physically... happy to be halfway there though! --Melissa
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.