Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Dr. just recommended facet rhizotomy

advertisement

Comments

• Hi, i had a rhizotomy done about a year ago,it has worn off now,but i did have about 8 months of no nerve pain......
  • I am in the process of inquiring about the ablation as well. The child thing is on my mind too. I did mention to my obgyn one time, that I still wanted one more baby. And his response was - well that would just open up a whole new slue of problems...so that was that.

I am thinking in a year I will seriously talk to my doctors about the possibility of more children. I imagine it will require bedrest and a c-section...which is fine by me.

Good luck.

Alina
  • advertisement
  • Are you going to get it done again, live with the pain or did the doctor recommend something else?
  • has always worked very well for me and I continue to get it done about 1 x a year. Good luck with yours and please keep us posted.
  • Thanks! I get it done on Friday and I am nervous, but hoping it helps!!
    Are you able to lead a pretty "norma"l life now that you regularly get relief from yours?
  • advertisement
  • 3 months
  • I was leading a fairly normal life until I had surgery last december 07. It has pretty much been down hill from there. If I would have known then what I know now, I would have stuck with the rhizotomys and not had the surgery. I did not find this site until after my surgery. Do post and let us know how you make out. remember not to expect immediate results. it will take at least 4 weeks for the nerves to completely die and the pain will most likely be worse before getting better.
  • I had the rhizotomy on 5 of my nerves about 2 days ago. The first four went as good as I think they could have went. The S1 on the other hand, did not. I think he had trouble finding the right part of the nerve because my leg down to my foot started shaking. After it was repositioned, it happened again, but was more intense. The nurse even had to hold my leg down. The third time was the charm and it was in the right spot. I told the doctor, "that sucked! I hope this works because that really sucked."
    I am hoping the next couple of weeks go quickly and I feel relief soon! I will keep you updated on the progress (trying to be optimistic)!

• so glad that you got it over with (not as glad as you are I am sure). 5 nerves are alot! I had 5 done back in January and all I can say is OUCH! remember ice 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. It really helped me. I hope that it will be well worth it in the end and that you get maximum relief. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • It will get better it just takes about a month,i am not having it done again,as most of my back problems is muscle related...
advertisement