Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

View

I got a laptop from office the other day and this is first time using it. The site looks very different. The forum headers are different fonts, etc. Mostly small things. Big thing is there is no column on left side for online members, recent posts, etc. Is it just me and this new pc ???? It's IE, idk what version.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,349
    see any changes here.
    I am going to venture you are using IE Release 6.
    Go to the Menu bar (of IE) click on HELP then About, it will give you the release information

The other thing, it could be the resolution setting of the new PC. Video settings

Best view for here is 1024x768
    If things are that big you could be at 800x600
    To check:
    Start -> Control Panel -> Display > Settings
    you are looking for a slide bar thatcan change the screen resolution
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • The Thing that bothers me the most is that entire column left of the text boxes is gone! Some of the posts within each box is up above the text box????
  • advertisement
    is the display set for?
    The other thing would be what Amanda was talking about last week. Ctrl key and moving the mouse slider to increase or decrease overall fonts.
  • Changed resolution, went to "view" and changed font size, I think I have old version of IE: 5.5? My screen doesn't look the same as Amanda's screen did. I will keep playing with it.
  • still tryin
  • advertisement
    Ben,
    If its that level, I am surprised you even saw the logon panel.
    That version of IE didnt support half of the new XHTML and CSS tags used today.

Theres gotta be a workaround...
    Would they let you download Mozilla on that Laptop?
  • That's when you had to have a punch tape reader hooked up to your CPU in order to "load software". =))

And of course all memory was magnetic core memory modules. =))
  • shows what a puter dumbazz I am...have no idea that this is a bad thing. No tellin how old this laptop is. It was just one at the office that had formulation software on it that i needed. Can I update IE you think?
  • Loaded Mozilla.....everything's cool.
    Ben , outstanding.
    You will find Mozilla Firefox to be so much neater than IE.
    There are tons of Ad ons that can really spiffy up Mozilla.
    Plus its faster , less ad popups and is harder for hackers
advertisement