Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Klonopin

Comments

• My neuro wanted me to take 0.5 mg of klonopin at night and take a low dose of valium during the day. I told my psychatrist and he said it wasn't good to mix those. He said take one or the other. I'm not sure if that would be his reaction to xanax and klonopin, but my guess is some doctors don't want double treatment of drugs in similar families or maybe he doesn't like valium. I don't know.
    I just take .25 mg three times a day and .5 at night, but lately I haven't been taking as much, because I feel there should be a limit to it...Anyhow I find that .5 is good for sleep.
  • I don't really know what I can say... but if you want to P.M. I would be glad to talk to you anytime. patsy
  • advertisement
  • I currenly take 1 mg of Klonopin at night. Im seeing my PM tomorrow and would like to ask hism to increase the dosage. I find it a FABULOUS med. It works for pain, anxiety, Panic, spams sleep. Is it unreasonable to take it 3 times a day? It does not make me groggy at all.
  • It's interesting to see how many people are being Rx'd this medicine for vastly different reasons; GAD, disabling panic disorder, pain, difficulty sleeping.. It increases the effects of opiate pain relievers, which might be why you feel a pain reduction.. it's definitely good for relaxing though too..

I've taken it for 8 years. If you don't take it a lot now, try not to ever. Keep it minimal, and things will be easier down the road. hurtzallot, your situation is different.. It's really easy to switch dosing and adjust to. I was ok at 0.5mg/day before, and now am fine at 3mg/day. 3 months ago I was at 1.5mg/day and ok. The ease with which you can shift your dosing around might deceive you into thinking you can stop taking it.. I tried, with a doctor's help. After 8 months, we were down to 0.5mg every other day, and I just couldn't quit it. Those of you just using it for sleep will probably have a much easier time stopping. For me, it's a GAD/Panic thing, and trying to stop it is like throwing my brain in a blender, to put it *very* nicely.

Ye have been fairly warned. =) Use with caution, it's not as nice to you when you try to say bye to it.

JWM
  • I'm on the exact same dosing as you 3 1mg a day. Was taking 30mgs of Valium (allowed) 10 @ night and 10 when I woke and with no constant sleep wake cycle it's a %$*&@. I would take the 3rd Valium if I knew there was a possibility of being put in any type of stressful situation. IMHO I climbed the ladder and reached the top where it was losing it's rescue effectiveness, thus the change to Klonopin. I would agree to stay away from benzapines all together if at all possible.

I've never heard of it be RX'd for sleep only, then again I know a Dr. who controlled a patients BP with Valium and still does. This was an extremely good medication for muscle spasms while I was going through 5 knee surgeries in less than a years time. Lose of mobility led to increased anxiety so here I am. I went a full month before the change to see where I was and it wasn't good.

• advertisement
  • I am still lovin klonipin as a muscle relaxer
advertisement