Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

XBox surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I new to this website but appreciate anyone who might offer information. I have 3 level, lumbar end-stage DDD and a surgeon who recommends the X-Stop surgery. Has anyone had this surgery? I am getting a second opinion but just wonder what you might know.

Thank you!
advertisement

Comments

• if you meant xstop. You have xbox in the title :))(
    You must have gaming on the mind! Try the surgery section and I am sure that you will find folks there.
  • Thanks I will try that -
  • advertisement
  • be sorry. I enjoy a little humour every now and then. :))(
  • I had operation. See my comments in Stenosis blog
  • I had the surgery 2 weeks ago. Seems to working out, but too soon to tell. I am now better off than before. Major problem was muscle strength. Doc said it would be 1 month before I'd know if it was working.
    Other recommendation for my back were anterior and posterior 3 level fusion and posterior 3 level fusion. The X stop is reversible if it doesn't work. I also talked to 2 out of town back surgeon family members who thought it was a good idea. Doc said it had 65% chance of success.

Update the X stop moved out of place and was removed.
    Waiting to decide on whats next
  • advertisement
advertisement