Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What medications are you using

Comments

• Keep in mind I am on the low threshold of dose; I do typically do not need as high does as average person

Last surgery 1995 = yes, that 17 yrs ago

Last MVA Jan.2012 (delivery truck collided with my minivan right side )

Neurontin 300 mg 3x
    Effexor XR 75 mg 2x
    Seroquel 50 mg 1 bedtime (sleep like a baby - full 8-9 hrs sleep no wake-ups)

Alleviated daily dose of Meloxican (caused multiple ulcers; now healed)

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    Opana 20 mg 2x
    Nuerotin 400 mg 4x
    zanafles 4mg 3x
    oxycodone 3x
    lunesta 1x
    Susan
    Pain pump on the 13th
  • advertisement
  • lyrica[300], lamotrogine[400], cymbalta[60], hydromorph contin[3], hydromorphone(prn)[4]
  • I was on morphine until 12 hours after surgery. Now on percocet 10/325 every 3 hours and soma 3 times a day. And it's 30 hours post surgery which consisted of 8 inch incision, laminectomy, discectomy, spurs removed and nerve root space cleaned out. Very hard to move around. Waking up with an almost 102 temp in the middle of the night didn't help. I'm in one of those states that is constantly fighting to get prescription pain meds off the market - so even legitimate people end up suffering. If I remember correctly my med for oral surgery a year ago was more than this - by now, didn't need it anymore!
    I am who I am!
  • There are other medications I'm on that I was on before I went to see the surgeon, some I'll always be on, others that he thinks will improve my pain. My doctor is very good about making changes to what he gives me whenever it needs to be done, I'm thankful for that and looking forward to hopefully in a few weeks of not needing pain meds or muscle relaxers! :) They serve their purpose, but I'd rather not need them. The nerve medications and such, don't like them, won't take them, too many side effects for me. But then again, I always get the bright red 'ALLERGIC' bracelet when I'm in the hospital, which can make things tough. I think sometimes it depends on the doctor and where you live as far as what you are given for pain and treatment. In fact, I KNOW that's true, unfortunately and imo that will only get worse.
    I am who I am!
  • advertisement
  • 1 10/325 lorcet every 5-6 hours. Last night I went to bed, tried to stay awake to take my last dose but the bed is so comfy I fell asleep, so I went 11 hours with nothing. I do take benadryl at bedtime (1) for allergies. I guess I'm more sensitive to meds than I thought. I had a fit when they lowered me down from 10mg percocet to the lorcet after just one week. Seems they were right on - I just didn't know I'd feel so much better. Haven't had soma in 2 days now, either. So ready to be DONE with meds and have my life back!!! :)
    I am who I am!
  • LTee43LTee43 Posts: 436
    edited 07/24/2013 - 8:22 AM
    You guys get way better stuff than me!

Percocet 7.5/500 3x a day
    Zipsor 25mg 4x a day.

I could easily go with something stronger, but my PM doctor doesn't want to go there yet.

LT
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • Aviatrix36440Aviatrix36440 Posts: 5,722
    edited 08/03/2013 - 5:45 PM
    For about 3 months post op from my last surgery:

50 mics 72 hrs Fentanyl
    15/325mg Percocet (breakthrough) x 3
    4mg Dilauded (breakthrough) x 5
    150mg x 3 Lyrica

Now.....

50 mics 72 hrs Fentanyl
    4 mg Dilaudid x 4 as needed (breakthrough). Avg. 4 - 8 mg a day
    150mg x 3 Lyrica as needed, avg 150 - 300mg
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • RTgirl2011RRTgirl2011 Posts: 511
    edited 08/20/2013 - 9:54 AM
    One 50 mg tramadol at bedtime.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
  • 64pvolvo1800664pvolvo1800 Posts: 267
    edited 08/20/2013 - 12:10 PM
    Percocet 7.5/325 3xday
    Ultram 50 2x8 hrs
    Lyrica 100mg 2 xday
    Backlofen 10mg 3xday
    Diclofenac 1xday
    Prevacid 1xday

Oh, and a brand new trial SCS ToDay! Performing well and permanent soon hopefully. Then on to the detox from all the pain and muscle pills. It has been an especially painful run both physically and mentally. Between the mental pain and guilt of taking these as a recovering addict, and the physical pain I've endured, it has been a tightrope walk. As I walked away from the trial implant install today, I broke down in tears, realizing what life felt like before the pain. I am still overwhelmed with emotion and I'm even thinking about checking into detox once the perm is installed just so I can get off the drugs ASAP.
    This site has been a valuable resource and I thank you all for your input and support, whether you realize it or not.
advertisement