Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

More confused than ever after a second opinion!!

Comments

• I am not suprised! @)
    So many of us here have had different experiences so will offer different advice.
    I like the idea from Julie about the flexion/extension
    x-rays, that makes a lot of sense.

For me- I had a laminectomy & discectomy back in 2001 and it wasn't till 2008 that I needed a fusion. SO I had those 7 years without having a fusion even though it was expected I would need it earlier.
    I am pleased I had the smaller op first as it prepared me for the big one.

When in doublt- get a third opinion and dont be afraid to ask the Dr WHY he thinks a certain procedure is better. It may just mean he wants to fill his surgery hours. a lot of people have had the microD and never needed further surgery - I would ask your fierst surgeon this.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • i just had the micro-d two months ago...lived with pain for 11 years. Even if I have to be fused in a year or two, the relief i'm feeling now has greatly enhanced my life!!! Take the baby steps towards recovery.
  • advertisement