Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

week 41 not good for me

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
not good at all,i ve put on 4 pounds i can t believe it,well i can you know theres no point kidding myself ive been eating alot off bread over the last 2 weeks and its caught up with ,im really gutted but its my own fault so hopefully now that il be back to work tomorrow after 10 long months ill get back into some sort of routine,im about to get the dog out for a long walk i ve been slacking with that too.
I really hope you all had a good week i need some good news on are fight against flab
advertisement

Comments

• Hope you had a good walk with puppy. I'm sure you'll lose that weight when you're working again and do your 30 minutes excercise everyday. We want to have a healthy body and not just worry about how we look. Eat more fruits and water instead of juices too. Take care and let us know how work is going..Wishing you warm thoughts. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • OK well I've introduced a bit more fruit this week, and a small amount of bread which was the plan, so I can no longer say I am practicing the Atkins idea. As such, my first couple of goals have been archived, which were to cut down my portions resulting in a reduced stomach, and to rid myself of the cravings for sweets.

This morning I weighed in at 236 lbs, down 3 lbs from last week and a 17 lb drop for the start a little over 3 weeks ago :)))
  • advertisement
  • I FINALLY CAUGHT MY HUSBAND'S COLD BUT NOT UNTIL AFTER I HAD A CHANCE TO GO FOR A LONG BIKE RIDE IN THE BEAUTIFUL, COLORFUL WISCONSIN AUTUMN. BESIDES BEING SICK MYSELF, I FOUND OUT ONE OF MY DOGS IS VERY, VERY SICK AND I'M SAYING MY GOODBYES. HER HEAD IS ON MY LAP AS I'M TYPING. WE'RE CANCELLING OUR VACATION FOR THIS UPCOMING WEEK---MY FIRST THIS YEAR. I'M BAWLING CONSTANTLY. MY POOCH ISN'T THAT OLD. SO, FOR ALL THESE REASONS, I'VE FOUND IT EASY NOT TO EAT AND STICK TO THE DIET AND I'VE LOST 3.6 LBS. NOW 165.4 I ALSO HAD SOME SUCCESS IN THE BATHROOM AND I KNOW THAT EFFECTS HOW MY CLOTHES FIT. I WISH I COULD BE HAPPY ABOUT THE WEIGHT LOSS BUT I'M SO VERY, VERY SAD.
  • I know just how you feel,i had to get our first dog put to sleep 4 years ago,he was only 2 years old and even though we have a new dog theres still a place in my heart just for benji i still miss him,but you know its the best thing for your dog and because you love him thats what im sure you l do,atleast we can do that for them when theres nothing else that can be done so nows the time to be brave,im thinking off you
  • to both of you you put me to shame
  • advertisement
  • :) i had a good week and am down the two pounds i gained last week to 150lbs. with my new goal weight of 130lbs instead of 125 that is 20 pounds to go! and it is taking forever!! of course i am happy about the weight loss anyway! :O) benji, it must of shocked you to get on the scale and see a 4 pound gain! you know how it is with us and bread! now it's time to get back on track. i imagine working will make a big difference for all the right reasons.. McBack, well done!! part of finding a plan that works for you is to adjust and then adjust some more. you are doing great. take a bit here and a bit there and make it your own!! stockbroker, i am sure the weight loss pales in regards to the loss of a best friend. knowing you will have wonderful memories is a reminder of the future. :X my heart is with you and your four legged friend! >:D< Jenny :)
  • I'm gonna try again....I'm the biggest I've ever been. I have such a hard time sticking to diets and exercise. I need to get this weight off before it literally kills me. Last I weighed myself I was 273.6 pounds. I dont know why I cant get myself motivated enough to lose some weight. I had my lumbar fusion in June and have actually gained weight now instead of losing. The doctor has also put me on Neurotin 3 weeks ago and I've gained weight with it as well.Later tonight I'll weigh myself for my starting weight and will check in during the week. Ugghhhhh...say a lil prayer for me that I can do it this time.

God Bless,
    Christina >:D<
  • :) Christina69, hi! :H try to not think of it as a diet but as developing a food plan you can eat on and loose some weight. get ready to put your mind to the problem and develop a goal. :? maybe just 10 pounds to start with. don't look at the total weight. welcome and come in and chat anytime you want to eat and should not. we are here for you! Jenny :)
  • I also gained weight after my fusion. Geez, what could I have eaten during all that pain to put on 10 lbs but I did. I figured I would have lost. Anyway, I'm doing the weightwatchers online. They don't let me eat very much but they let me eat whatever I want so I don't feel so deprived. Deprived, no. Hungry, yes.
  • officially at 275 last night. Here we go!

God Bless,
    Christina >:D<
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.