Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

just home

advertisement

Comments

• I JUST GOT MY STITCHES OUT. THEY LOOK GOOD. THEY GAVE ME VICADIN- WORTHLESS. THEY ALSO GAVE ME SOME KIND OF STEROID PACK (FORGOT WHAT IT IS CALLED) THAT IS STARTING TO WORK A LITTLE. I ALSO HAVE EPILEPSY SO THE DOCS HAVE TO BE CAREFUL OF WHAT THEY GIVE ME. THEY HAVE ALSO PUT ME ON LYRICA, VALLIUM AND METHADONE.

MY LEFT LEG IS STILL NUMB AND THIS MAY SOUND CRAZY BUT HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED PAIN IN THEIR STOMACH? MY LEFT LEG I CAN NOW MOVE ABOUT 3" STRAIGHT UP AND HAVE NOW GOT MY SIDE MOVEMENT RETURNED. I NOW HAVE FEELING IN MY BACK AND CAN FEEL WHERE THEY PUT THEY PUT THE CAGES AND PLATES IN.

I MUST ADMIT, I AM STILL IN A LOT OF PAIN BUT NOW IT IS BEARABLE. THE PERCS AND NORCO'S JUST TAKE THE EDGE AWAY. IMY BODY HAS BUILT UP A TOLERANCE FOR BOTH OF THEM. :''( :''(
    THANKS AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP AND INPUT

• On your pain! I am sooooo there with ya! I am on dilaudid too, and they just upped it for me cause it's not helping at all! I was on percs when I came home, but had a reaction to them because I've been on and off of them for so long. That was fine because they didn't work at all, just made me sweat too! Very sexy for a woman!
    I have the nerve pain too radiating down my right side buttocks and leg to the foot. I can barely lift my foot to walk at times. I walked with my walker, but then the legs would spasm and I would almost fall because of the pain! I then decided to use my crutches because at least they can some what support me under the arms if I lose my balance.
    I called my dr on Friday and they did an emergency MRI. Going today at 1pm to find out results. (it's 2:10 am, can't sleep cause of the pain)

I can't believe that the hospital didn't give you any papers! I think that's against the law unless you A-Wall it! I would call and definetly complain! They need to know this, and maybe it was just a HUGE mistake! I know my mothers friend had a shoulder replacement a couple of years ago, and he was in a major top hospital in Boston, and they discharged him with his IV lock in!!! Good thing my mother had IVIG's at the time and knew the right way to take it out. She called and made a complaint, and they were happy that she did!

Well, take care! Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Let me know if they find a medicine for your nerve pain! I would love to suggest it to my dr!

Kim
  • advertisement
  • Everyone with nerve pain ask for Lrica. I take it 2-3 times a day. It finally worked for me with the percs or norcos. Vallium didn't didn't do anything. I am 1 month post op and I am still on the meds but not as much. Lyrica seems to be the one working for me. Just a suggestion. Good Luck!