Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

ongoing pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in New Member Introductions
I am new here and i am desperate for someone to help me. 10 years ago i had a total hysterectomy at 26 for endometriosis. Several years later i developed sciatica and had physio. However, it never really went away and i have had lower back and right hip pain with numbness in my right thigh ever since. 2 years ago things got worse when i developed severe pain in my right groin. Sometimes the pain is agonizing but strangely can stop suddenly like flicking a switch. Most of the time it is a chronic nagging ache but other times the pain is unbearable. Despite visits to hospitals and drs i have not been given a diagnosis only told to live with it or get a hobby. Saw a dr 2 days ago he is going to arrange physio for sciatica but no diagnosis or help for groin pain. He just gave me pain killers and to be honest i feel like taking the whole bottle and stopping the pain permanently. I just want someone to tell me what is wrong with me and stop the pain. :''(


  • Have you had an MRI? If not you need to ask your Dr. Take your meds as ordered. You may need an anti depressant for your feelings from chronic pain. Your Dr. needs to refer you to a Gynecologist or another specialist. Hang in there for tomorrow will be better. I know you'll find relief when you know more of the diagnosis. If the pain is too much go to the ER. Take care and keep us posted on your progress. It's a friendly chat site too. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • i hope u find a sucessful solution to your pain and please dont take the whole bottle of your pain meds because that is not an acceptable solution. i am sure u have love ones that care very much about u. i do care about u and i am sure my fellow spineys care about u also. i hope u have a great doc and a top notch hospital and er close to where u live. i use to live in a small town in the sierra nevada mountains and i had a good doc there, but he would treat me with trial and error prescriptions. that is not acceptable with me anymore and the docs i choose to treat me must have a caring bed side manner built into them along with the medical knowlege, and a A+ report card during there medical schooling and internship (the cream of the crop). also i choose A+ hospitals and er systems to go to. i wish u luck and i will say a prayer for u.
  • advertisement
  • Welcome to spine health. W
    e are here to offer you all the personal support and personal advice we can, we cannot offer medical advice.
    What your describing almost sounds like SI joint pain. But of course you will not know that without a proper exam.
    Yes if possible insurance/money wise you need to demand a MRI of the area of the back that hurts the most.
    You never know whats going on with your spine. Xrays will show spasms/arthritis and some changes in the spine. Sometimes they show nothing. Thats why the more extensive test is needed.

    Also with having groin pain it could be related to gyno problmes ya just never know. Pain in people is different for each person and can mimmick so many other things going on.

    You have to be your own advocate when it comes to your health care. Demand things as in testing.
    Yes severe pain can get us down, and everything seems hopeless.
    Believe me we all have been there at one point or another.
    So your very first step is to admit to the pain and start doing the demanding with your personal care dr. OR if you do not need a referell for a dr. Find a orhtopedic spine sepcialist to get a exam. Or Neurosurgeon spine specialist.
    I find quicker to get into a ortho then a neuro.

    You hang in there we all have been in your position at one point or another.
    Take your meds that were RX'd to you like clock work. And get on that phone and demand testing. No one should have to suffer with what your describing.

    Lots of hugs
    Terri O:)
  • Welcome to spine-health.For the groin pain have you been checked for a hernia?
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. there are many new medications to help with sciatica. please make yourself at home and drop by all the forums. good luck and i hope to see you around! Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • Thank you to all who posted replies, it helps to know you are not alone and i feel a little more positive now. I never realised until i found this forum just how many people are suffering spinal and back problems. Knowing you are not alone helps a lot. I live in the UK and although we are lucky enough to not have to pay for healthcare (except through taxes when we work) or medical treatment trying to get a doctor to take you seriously is a problem. Thank you again. :)))
  • and welcome to the forum. You have already been given some great advice by some of our wonderful members so I echo alot of what has already been said. You are not alone , we will be here and will help in any way we can....while we are not doctors we can give you much needed support and understanding. If there is ever anything that I can do for you then please just let me know and I will be more than happy to do what I can. Wishing you the best....take care....Miki
  • You might want to get checked for femoral nerve damage. I had my left quadriceps crushed in an auto accident and it caused nerve damage. I have numbness and tingling in my thigh as well as sometimes intense pains in my groin that come and go, as you described. Also a dull ache that travels all of the way up to my stomach, making me queasy. I remember reading that surgery in a flexed leg position is a risk factor. Good luck, I hope you get some relief soon! Leslie
  • If you can, do try to get an MRI. It does sound like you have something going on that is pressing on your nerves. Don't you hate being ignored by doctors? I wish you all the best.


    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Please do not give up. Alot of folks here have been where you are. It is difficult no matter where you live to find a good doc that is willing to get to the bottom of the problem and also help you with the pain. Please be patient and just keep looking for the right doc. Even if it takes going to the hospital every day. Sooner or later you will find a doc willing to help. Good luck and please keep us posted.
Sign In or Register to comment.