Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

MRI with Contrast Dye Tomorrow

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I received a call from the Imaging Center today. I am to have an MRI with Contrast Dye tomorrow. The lady wanted to know if I had diabetes and hypertension (I have both). She asked that I bring a list of all my meds with me as well as my Open MRI from June 28th done elsewhere.

The one in June was not with Contrast Dye. Then I see my NS again Nov 4th. On that date I expect he will tell me if I am having a Laminectomy or ACDF C5-C6. Or an ACDF on more than one level. I'm not sure which it will be.

Anyway, I'm happy things are happening.

Ken GreyEagle
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck with the mri tomorrow..
  • Hi Ken,

I never understood why they would preform an MRI without contrast. Asking about medications and implants is normal. You'll do great! and I'm glad things are finally progressing for you and your family.

Take care of you,
    O-
  • advertisement
  • best of luck to you my friend...let us know how it all goes....Miki
  • Will be with you tomorrow Ken.

"C"
  • today, Hey, maybe we'll be in at the same time. I have an MRI today also... I hope everything goes well for you, you've waited long enough for answers
    Good Luck,
    Jeanette
  • advertisement
  • Hi everyone:

Had my MRI today without contrast. :( She could not find a vein to properly start an IV to even get the dye going in me. She said the MRI images came out great though and she is hoping the surgeon will be happy with those. The surgeons office will let me know.

Whenever I have my blood taken they always have to take it out of the back of my hand. No other location works. So, I'm just hoping these images will be high enough quality my surgeon will make his decision on Nov 4th.

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • Thanks for the update. Can't wait to hear what the NS has to say!

"C"
advertisement