Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

New here today.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in New Member Introductions
I just found this message board, need somebody to talk to. I had an MRI done yesterday and my md called this morning saying I have DDD 3 discs. His advice, ibuprofen... I am so frustrated because he doesn't understand or believe I have pain so bad I can barely walk. I drag or limp on my left leg and have sleep in a recliner some nights. I am 50 years old,and live my life like I'm 80 because of the pain. I just have been crying and crying about this.


  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. the forum has been down and i am sorry noone has welcomed you sooner. i am so sorry about the way you are being treated. perhaps it is time to get a new doctor, a pain management doctor, who could offer you conservative measures to help with your pain. this includes appropriate medication. DDD can be treated and controlled in many different ways. i have DDD, i am 53 and have terrible leg pain as well. i know the pain you speak of. ~X( please find a doctor who can help you. you are not at the end of the road yet! Jenny :)
  • You really need to find a spine specialist. Lots of GPs are not qualified to treat our spines or our pain. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.