Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Im back from secod week in hospital

Comments

• ...as I may have the same surgery. Glad to hear you are doing better and as C said, sorry you had to suffer initially. It was not in vain - we all learn from each other. Now you're on the road to recovery and one of these days I hope to be on the trail myself :)))
    -Melissa
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • i didnt get much sleep last night being first day home from hospital, i was puking quite a bit probably just getting the iv meds out that were still in i wasnt in alot of pain just more uncomfortable. feel a lil better now, gonna nap..i prett much know its gonna be a long run type of situation, which i hate but what can you do, i was able to get a disability tag for m vehicle yesterday so i m getting some things done it helps to take my mind off the pain when im thinking about getting things done..lol..hope alls well with everyone,
    Ethan
  • advertisement
  • I'm glad that all is working out for you! I didn't even know you went back in the hospital! I'm sorry!
    You are a lucky one that had a great dr and his team as well. My dr is great too, but I'm just getting frustrated cause of all my new issues and the pain is so intense! Wish i had more meds to take. Just the dilaudid 4mg. Can take up to 8 tabs a day now which isn't helping me at all.
    I too am getting a tag for my car! I can't even drive yet! More because I can't get in and out of my car, it's low to the ground. Well, I can "plop" myself in, but getting out is the hardest part!
    Good luck and keep us informed!
    Take care of yourself!

Kim >:D<
  • Ethan,

sorry I missed you going back into hospital, but so glad you are hiome now, after getting better treatment the 2nd time round. Im really relieved to read that you are more comfortable than you were, you are on some good painkillers there.

Please heed one peice of advice. Use an alarm to remind you to take your meds. I have been taking a lot of meds for 6 months now, the past 4 months been on a whole load so I always follow my routine for taking them at night. I do not know why but I forgot to do it a couple of days ago. I woke up crying, I could not move my legs at all. That alone scared me. I took some deep breathes and got some feeling into my legs again but boy the pain was intense. I woke my husband, he didn't know what to suggest. After a while I thought to myself 'I can't rmember taking last nights meds' - I checked and I hadn't! - please learn from my mistake - Do not forget a dose.

I wish you all the very best for a strong, safe recovery, at whatever speed your body recovers at.

Take care
    Love Danni xxx

advertisement