Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I am home. Surgery is a Yes. Angiogram next Fri 11/7 ughh

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
I did not get admitted like I wanted to. They want to do a angiogram first. Not likeing that test at all.
Hopefully I will be well sedated. As I have a very low pain tolerance. The test will take a 1 1/2 or 2 hrs. They will put a catherter in my groin and inject the dye through there. That stays in throughout the whole test.
Then they hold pressure on it for 15min when pulled out. 6 hrs bedrest after. UGHHH :jawdrop: ~X( :sick: :sick:

But it will ok be ok in the end!!! ;) :D O:)

Surgery is a YES no matter what. We just do not have a exact date.

I have to take plavix for 5 days. Till the day of the test. The time is at 12:30 no food ugghh. Plus no pain meds , yeah ok thats what they think. :D

Then a follow up Nov 18th. Unless he needs to see me earlier due to the test results.

I would also like to hear from people that have had this test done before.

Thanks all for the private messages get wells etc.
They mean alot.
I will still need them of course. I will continue updates for everyone!!!

Lots of love and hugs
Terri xoxoxoxoxoxox

OH LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW #o ;) =)) 8} I)
advertisement

Comments

• >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< and more >:D<
  • I've been watching for you today. An angiogram is something that I do have experience with. Here is one piece of advice that I want you to listen to very carefully. Afterward when they say do NOT in any shape form or fashion lift your head off of the pillow please LISTEN TO THEM! I barely even lifted my head up ever so slightly and ended up with a 15 lb. bag of sand on my leg for the rest of the day. And oh did I ever tell you I only weigh 96 lbs. to begin with. :D
    I'm so glad you're home and almost there. Just a little while longer. Oh and the angiogram is probably one of the least painful procedures I had during my entire heart tests.
  • advertisement
  • Terri,
    I'm sorry to hear that you have an upcoming test that you aren't particularly looking forward to :( I hope it will be a easy procedure for you and you'll be good as new after they getcha all fixed up!!! >:D< >:D<

Melissa
  • Terri..I don't have any experience with the test or the surgery, but wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and hoping this is the last struggle you have to face.
    Donna
  • You guys are great that is for sure.
    I have a positive attitude.

He said "you just had surgery last month?" I said yes. He goes" well your having another one" I said bring it on I want to walk LOL they chuckled.

I do not know what this weather we are having is doing to you all but MY GOD I have not been this uncomfortable since surgery ughhhhh.

All stay warm, ice/heat/meds REST..

Lots of love
    Terri
    xoxoxoxox
  • advertisement
  • Hi Terri, I am sorry they didn't just check you in like you were hoping. I have taken care of patients after angiograms. Last I know they were using a plug to seal the artery where they punctured it. This way the patients can go home the same day. They used to have to spend the night.
    They often do lay a sandbag on the site to prevent bleeding.
    They will sedate you, and the procedure itself is not painful. They will be able to check all your vessels out much more thoroughly than the ultrasound. They obviously feel it is safe to wait. So keep your chin up and keep hanging out here with us and before you know it Wednesday will be here and over with. >:D< :* >:D< :* Sue
  • My husband had the angiogram and it really was not all that bad. They taped a board to his leg to make sure that he kept it straight but it really was not bad at all. Not painful. You have been through so much that this is all going to be a walk in the park for you! I just know that all will be well. make sure that you remember to show your husband how to post so that he can keep us updated if need be. Good luck!
  • I hope everything will go well for you next week. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Wow Cali Sue! Medicine has come such a long way. I wish I could have had a plug. I just got left with a hole I think. If I recall correctly I had to stay in the hospital like 3 days. But seriously Terri you don't want to have the sandbag on the leg thing happen. I don't know why but my nurses looked really upset with me for the rest of the day. /:) So just be careful and know that this is one of the easiest procedures you have had to go through. You've been through a lot lady! This one is going to be a breeze! I just hate that once again you play the waiting game and I am sure the staff was really surprised by your positive outlook but I'm not. I know you can get through this.
  • I am fairly new to SH but I have read all you entries and wanted to say you inspire me. I tend to get crazy with my pain and here you are still really positive with all you have been through and going through. My surgery seem like a walk in the park compared to what you have been dealin with you are in my in my prayers and I know everything will be okay with you. >:D< >:D< >:D< Lots of hugs to you.

Remona
advertisement