Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

i can't believe it happened to me

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:H Hi all,

Well i was on my way to therapy today and was stopped at a stop light waiting to go and was rearended.The woman who hit us didn't even stop she just took off. there was a cab infront of us that saw what she did and took down her license plate no. for us. we took off following her and i guess she decided she was going to get away so she finally pulled over and stopped.She said that she was busy putting a soother in her babies mouth and didn't see us.Are you kiddin me!!! ~X( I'm just six months post fusion and now my back from my neck down to my hips are killing me.I had x-rays done and was told to take some advil for the pain.My worst fear after having the fusion was that i might get into a car and end up in a accident and it actually happened.I never been in a car accident before.I think someone up there doesn't like me too much. :?
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry that happened to you. We were in an accident 2 years ago, we hit 2 drunken tourists pedestrians. They were charged for jaywalking(running) I wonder if it was then I hurt my back. Make sure you get the works and that goes for CT or MRI. I can't prove that's when I hurt my back but after 1 year goes by they can't recharge someone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • That's not good! Have you spoken with your surgeon or were you only taken care of in the ER? In most cases, 6 months is not long enough for fusion to be complete, so make sure your sugeon knows what happened. My only other advice would be don't settle with the other insurance company until you are absolutely certain that this accident hasn't messed up your neck. so sorry for your pain.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • advertisement
  • That sucks! I hope you start to feeling better soon. Definitely don't let them pressure you in to settling soon. I agree that a call to your surgeon would be prudent.

"C"
  • Tammy,Sorry to hear about your accident. Please take this seriously and don't let anyone play this down. I was rear ended 20 years ago and the damage to my neck is permanent and on going.Did you call the police?
    Please take care,
    Bethy
  • i called my doctor and told there office what happened and they sent me for x-rays today,i have filed a police report and the officer has gone to talk to the driver.i will call the surgeons office first thing in the morning and tell them what happened.My back is really hurting,muscle spasms have set in.I'll let you's know what happens. ;))
  • advertisement
  • OMG! That has been my biggest fear since my surgery! I am so afraid to drive. I drive to work & Dr. appointments. That's it. I am so sorry this happened to you!
    I agree with everyone else. Don't settle & be sure you get all of the neccesary MRI's & Xrays,etc.. I do hope that there is no damage.
    Keep us updated, please.
    Take care, >:D<
    Kim
  • Please let us know when you talk to your surgeon. As you know, I was injured by getting rear ended and the effects can be far reaching. I agree with the others- don't settle anytime soon. Make SURE that everything is okay with your neck and back.

The driver of one of the semi's that caused my accident took off as well. Nobody got his license plate or DOT number. I hope the man feels shame every day of his sad little life and I hope that driver that hit you does too. What kind of person does that?

Take care of yourself and keep us posted,

Griff
  • I called the surgeons office this morning but got there answering machine so just waiting to here back from them.I don't think that anything happened to my neck during the accident,it feels fine,its the rest of me that hurts. :D I think the the accident screwed up my knee i woke up the day after and my knee was really hurting and the pain hasn't gone away yet.Hopefully its nothing serious.I think i have a big bullseye on my back and bad luck is attracted to it. :))( I never went to the hospital just went home and madea doctors apt. i would have spent six or seven hours in our hospital waiting to see someone.
  • I just hope you feel better soon. Glad you feel that your neck is okay. Let us know what you find out.

"C"
  • Hi All
    Well i called the surgeons office yesterday morning and still waiting to here back from them. Good thing i'm not dying! LOL ;) I heard back from my doc. today and they said that the x-rays of my neck came back normal,which is what i expected. I'm so bummed out,i have been off of all pain meds. for over a month and because of the accident i ended up having to go back on them again.I started getting nerve pain in both arms and my one leg again the day after the accident.today was worse then yesterday and i'm hoping that it will stop getting worse. It seems like this has really set me back.Unfortunately, i had just started moving forward from my fall two months ago and now this.Doesn't seem like i'm getting very far very fast. 8}
    Happy Halloween Everyone!!
advertisement