Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Can't Sleep, Post Surgery Depression, Scared

advertisement

Comments

• Amen on the brace thing! I felt absolutely naked without it and was so afraid I'd move wrong and hurt myself. I was very fortunate in that I didn't have major problems after I took it off. The first couple of days a few of my muscles screamed, but after that I had no problem. I asked my doc if I needed to wean off of it and he said no, just stop wearing it! For me, it worked. I didn't have the turtle-Shell brace, only the velcro type. Glad it's gone!!!

Lili: you will find that each time you drive, you will feel a little more confident. I'm still a very careful driver!
  • Hello. Just want to say thank you to all of your posts about post TLIF surgery. ive had mine last January 1 2015 (L4L5). Had Sciatic pain in my right butt going all the way to my right thigh for a full 10 days. Had Caudia Equina syndrome and Im telling you, once that particular part doesn't work right..i was in the E.R asap! Im 5 weeks post op now and it is very heart-warming to see posts from people who went thru the same experience. I'm a 45-year old Male, an Airline Pilot the past 14 years, and very active before the op. i find it extremely depressing to see myself take 5 minutes to maneuver myself out of bed, and walk at a snail's pace after. It takes ten minutes to go down the stairs too. But reading through all your comments ive concluded that all we need is TIME. It's quite ironic that in my line of work, our performance is measured in how fast we get our passengers to their destination on time..and now it even takes me a full five minutes just to wiggle myself to get into my car! Ive also experienced severe emotional mood swings. Finding myself crying almost daily. Thanks to my understanding Wife for getting me through some very long , sleepless nights. I was on top of my game just 2 months ago and now i feel old and useless.. But after spending hours reading all your Blogs,, again thanks to you guys, i feel better now.
  • advertisement