Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Help with questions for 1st surgeon appt.

darbymai59ddarbymai59 Posts: 55
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Chronic Pain
I am going to my 1st appointment with a surgeon and I need help with some questions I should be asking. I'm very nervous and just can't think right now. Actually, I'm scared too death.

Darby
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks so much for the link. I will pull it up and take a look.

Thanks again,
    Darby
  • advertisement
  • Darby,

I just had my first visit with my surgeon a couple of weeks ago. I was the same way, I was very nervous the days before my visit. If you can take someone with you to help take notes, I forgot much of what my surgeon said but my wife took notes. You may want to take a recorder with you and ask if you can use it for your visit.

Good luck with things and keep us informed. Feel free to check out the chat on this site, its a good group of people that will help you with what to expect.
  • Thanks for mentioning taking someone along, even on the first appointment. I was considering going to the initial consult alone, but then taking someone with me on subsequent appointments (if surgery is suggested). But it sounds like you received a lot of information even for the initial appointment. I definitely need help with remembering everything, so I will be sure to bring someone to my first appointment.

Thanks.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.