Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

anybody with 2 level lumbar fusion....

advertisement

Comments

• I start back to work on Monday 4 hrs a day for 4 weeks and then I will be back to full time with no restrictions. I really don't have an option, I have to work and our area is not real good for finding something new. I am really nervous, but hoping it will be ok.
  • for a 2 level fusion?!

Be careful! That doesn't seem very long - i thought the average was 3-4 months up to a year?

Please check out your rights on employement law and disability rights. You may have more than you realise.
  • advertisement
  • I just wanted to comment on Sparky's time frame. I am having the exact same minimally invasive two level fusion as he is and my neurosurgeon also said that I would be back to work in 6-8 weeks (desk job). I am really hoping that this is true because I don't have disability insurance. I am not afraid of loosing my job, but after 4 weeks I will be out of leave and I am the primary breadwinner.

Sparky and I are having them performed at different hospitals, but my surgeon was trained in the procedure at the same hospital as where Sparky is having his done.
  • i had my fusion 3 years ago
    i have been expierencing back pain since i was 14 years old i am 27 now i have had 3 surgeries the last one resulting in the fusion of my L4 L5 S1 i was told i would have 2 rods and 6 screws put in my back
    i was only having trouble and pain in my left leg after the surgery i started having numbness and tingling in my right leg i hand an EMG done to check my nerves and was told i have no sensation in my right leg and little to none in my left
    i have been disabled and out of work because of this i dont sleep well and no one seems to want to help me since i havent had insurance until recently but even now no doctor knows what to do no one has really cheked out my back to see if everything is ok
    i found out i only have 5 screws in my back when there should have been 6 3 months after my surgery iwent to my surgeon and asked him he disregarded me told me i said i was doing better and sent me to medical i then went to other hospitals who didnt know how to help me
    and now im having PT which hant help i have had recently 3 steroid shots in my back in a months time that have not helped
    and over the past 3 years altogether about 5 or 6 shots which have not helped
    i dont want to seem like the bearer of bad news as everyone is different and i hope you heal well but i am still feeling the pain its hard to walk and nnow im getting weaker in the legs all the docs have told me is lose weight which is hard when you cant real do much i try to walk at least to keep my blood flowing but it gets harder every day
    i have 2 children 6 and 4 and i would love to run with them i try and it kills me
    i need to find out if something is really wrong i just wish a doctor would take the time out to help me

if anyone has any suggestions im open
    but carol i would say to you is rest easy and just becareful again i pray you fully recover and dont end up with the pains i have
    L4 L5 S1 fusion sucks
advertisement