Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Jan. '08 I had Microdiscectomy, Lamenectomy and Firanotomy at L5-S1. The pain has progressivly worsened. The original surgeon told me back in April(last time I saw him) that I most likely would have to lear to live with the pain. He sent me to a pain management doctor for injections and that did not help. Finally I got PT in Sept. '08. That made it worse. After getting all my medical records including hospital surgical records I see on a postop x-ray under findings the words as follows: There apears to be a surgical instrument at the lowest clear disk space, L5-S1. Instrument is at or near the center of the subarachnoid space.

My question is: simply put what does this mean? Obviously it doesn't mean what it sounds like according to my WC attorney. I went to another doctor who told me I better go back to who ever did the surgery. But he would not say anything else.

Can enyone shed some light? Thank You


  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. wow! i have never heard that before here!! :? first, i would do two things, get a lawyer and get a good surgeon. talk to the lawyer about malpractice and the doctor about getting it out of there if need be. i would think sooner is better than later for both of those. i would not go see the doctor who did the first surgery. it may be difficult to find someone to take on what damage another doctor has done. i really wish you the best of luck! push forward!! Jenny :)
  • That sound like medical malpractice to me if they left a surgical instrument in you,you should talk to your wc lawyer and see if he can refer you to a medical malpractice lawyer...
  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.