Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Is it true that CAFFEINE can inhibit fusion? (m)..

Comments

• You know we women are all going to experience some bone loss with age. My mother has been diagnosed with osteoporosis at the age of 60. It probably started happening much sooner than that. When did you have your first bone density test? At what age? So today I just decided was the first day of the rest of my bone life and I stood in front of all of the calcium supplements and looked and read and then looked and read some more. I finally decided on Viactiv V. It has add Vitamins D and K. But THIS was the deciding factor for me. One it's not a pill and I really didn't want to swallow yet one more pill every day. It's chewable and best of all it tastes like chocolate! Now how could a woman refuse that?! It suggests chewing up to 3 per day with meals so I'm assuming that our bodies require 1500 MG of calcium per day. But I also bought Ensure for those times at work when I would love to sit down to a meal and just haven't been able to find the time to get to lunch or if I missed breakfast I can drink it on my way to the office. I'm also hoping that it brings back my appetite. Now I just have to go read how much calcium is in Ensure. So I'm overloading on calcium or vitamins D or K. But I'm keeping my coffee and taking my calcium. And as I sit here and chew I can attest that they are pretty tasty too.
  • Getting calcium from a natural source.
    Almonds
    Asparagus
    Avocados
    Blackstrap molasses
    Brewer’s yeast
    Broccoli
    Buttermilk
    Cabbage
    Carob
    Cheese
    Collards
    Dairy foods
    Dandelion greens
    Dulse
    Figs
    Filberts
    Green leafy vegetables
    Kale
    Kelp
    Milk (cow & goat)
    Mustard greens
    Oats
    Prunes
    Salmon (with bones)
    Sardines
    Seafood
    Sesame seeds
    Soybeans
    Tofu
    Turnip greens
    Watercress
    Whey
    Yogurt
  • advertisement
  • Now I have to go write all of this down and add items to my grocery list. :) My goodness now I have even more homework!
  • Let me know a good recipe for dandelion greens. I've heard of people adding them to like salads.
  • I've seen them use dandelions for wine as well, but not quite sure how that equates when it comes to calcium. =))
  • advertisement
  • So if I just drop it in the glass of wine will that work? :)
  • I already put asparagus in my bloody marys. I guess I'll be totally set if I add broccoli and dandelions, too I LOVE all the great advice on this board! :D
  • =))
    I know we sometimes get way off topic but we have to just laugh or we'd all be in tears. :)))
    So can we now conclude this topic with these things in mind?
    1.) Coffee in moderation won't keep us from fusing but smoking definitely could.
    2.) A gallon of tea a day may not be good for us either but obviously won't kill us because Sarah still posts here daily.
    3.) We all need to eat a balanced diet
    4.) C's grocery list may be a little hard for me to find at Food Lion.
    5.) We could probably just mix our veggies in with alcohol and become much happier people even if we don't get all of our recommended daily allowance of nutrients from asparagus added to a bloody marys.
    6.) The best way to consume dandelions is dropped into a glass of wine?
    Please correct me if I missed anything.
    Cindy thank you for starting this there's been some great information exchanged and I think we've all smiled at least for a moment today.
  • I think they only invented dandelion wine because the thought of so many weeds in the backyard is overwhelming! But if you can make wine with them it's a good thing to have all those weeds. =)) <:P
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • So you're telling me there is an actual dandelion wine? Oh. I thought I had to put them in my wine. Thanks for straightening me out. :D
advertisement